Excel Swim School Policies and Procedures
Registration and Program Policies
- All registrations can be done online using the Swim School Registration system on this website. Visit the page for the specific location where you want to swim and there is a link to the system there.
- No refunds will be given after the first day of the session, except in extenuating circumstances.
- Excel Aquatics does not automatically re-register swimmers for additional sessions. This is the swimmer’s responsibility.
- Classes are limited in size to maintain a low student to coach ratio. Limits vary by level. Please register early to guarantee your enrollment.
- Cancelations: Make–ups will only be scheduled in the event of instructor absence, weather, or any pool problems that cause the facility to close. Make-ups for any other reason will be handled on a case-by-case basis, and you should email the Site Director for your location to discuss.
- Communication regarding last minute class cancelations due to weather, pool closure, etc will be handled via email.
Parent and Student Conduct Policies
- Swimmers who are not members of the facility at which they swim are not allowed to swim before or after class. If you are a member and plan to stay after lessons please plan to supervise your swimmer and keep them out of the instruction area.
- Beginner 1 level swimmers are not allowed to swim before or after class unless an adult is IN the water with them. No exceptions.
- If there are any medical circumstances, learning disabilities or water experiences that can be of assistance in teaching the student, please notify the instructor so that we can provide the proper instruction for your child.
Preparation for the First Day of Class
- For all classes a swimsuit and towel are required. Please have your child dressed and ready to get in the water at the beginning of class.
- Non-potty trained children must wear a disposable swim diaper under their swimwear.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early on the first day so that we can introduce your swimmer to their instructor and go over any questions.
- Please encourage your child to concentrate on the instructor and to try all skills and follow all safety rules.
- Sometimes it is better if the parent stays out of sight so that the instructor can have the child’s undivided attention.
- It is important to encourage your child and explain to them before lessons why learning to swim is important. Showing your child how proud you are of them gives them the confidence to try new things.
- Goggles – We prefer our Beginner 1 students to try to learn to swim without goggles. For safety reasons, this is an important skill. However, once they begin to learn to breathe to their side and swim backstroke, goggles can be very helpful. Advanced, Experts, and Swim U swimmers are required to have goggles.