REQUIREMENTS FOR COMMERCE WOMEN’S WATER POLO TEAM
1) We ask to see their resident’s card. The card has to be up to date.
2) The tryouts are Tuesday or Thursday at 4:15pm with one of the water polo coaches.
3) The minimum age is 5, but there are some special exceptions, that have to be given by the Commerce Aquatic Supervisor.
4) We ask them to swim two laps crawl stroke in the main pool. These two laps are the width of the main pool. As they swim these laps they cannot stop until they reach the wall on the opposite side. They have to swim these two laps head down breathing to the side.
5) We ask them to swim two laps backstroke in the main pool. The same as in step 4.
6) If they are successful with steps 1-5, they are welcome to join the team. If the athlete is in the 8th grade or younger they will also have to join the swim team.