Our Website and Swim Meet Sign Ups
On the Marlins website, you can sign up for meets, view meet entry information, and make payments. Please note that there are deadlines for each meet, and you can check those deadlines by visiting the meet schedule page on the Marlins website. If you are unsure about what meets or events to swim, please ask your coach.
To Login into Web Site:
To logon to the website, go to www.montrosemarlins.org . On the left hand side, click Sign In. Now put in your email address & password. Once logged in, you will see Marlin News and Events.
To Sign Up for a Meet:
Login to website. Meets which are ready to accept signups will have an “Edit Commitment” button shown. Click on that button next to the meet.
Here are the steps if you ARE NOT GOING:
- Click on the Member Names [they default to Not Committed]
- Then click on the Signup Record pull-down and select No
- If No, just click on the [Save Changes] button to save the changes
- If you have more than one child, repeat the same task as listed above
Here are the steps if you ARE GOING:
- Click on the Signup Record pull-down and select Yes
- Once yes is selected, you will see the events your child MAY be eligible to swim
- You will also see the best times inserted into the Entry Time field and highlighted in yellow
- Check the Checkbox to the left of the name for those events you would like to swim
- Please take careful notice of the time standards that must be met in the right-side columns
- Once you have finished, click on the Save Changes Button in the lower right
- Repeat the process for additional swimmers
- You will notice that Coach Approval column will indicate Pending after you submit
- Please pay careful attention to:
- Maximum Event Entry Limitations IF PRESENT. Click on the >>View if present.
- Add any notes that you want the Coach or Administrator to see
Your coach or team administrator will review your declaration and APPROVE or REJECT your request and once they submit the final choices you will be able to review by signing in and clicking on the Attend This Event button for any events listed on our team website. Look at the Coach Approval column for the events that you have been confirmed to swim.
What to know for your first swim meet:
Before going to the meet, there are several documents you will want to look at and print out to bring with you.
- Verify Warmup Schedule: Click Meet Schedule under Meet Info on the left side of the website. Choose the meet you are going to, and click Meet Information. You will probably have to click another link called Meet Info. Now look for information about warmup times for the Marlins. Warmups typically happen at least an hour prior to the start time of the meet. It’s important to be on deck and ready to be in the water 15 minutes before the start of warmups. Swimmers should check in with coaches during this time.
- Print Heat Sheets: Click Meet Schedule under Meet Info on left side of the website. Choose the meet you are going to, and click Meet Information. Now you will see a link to “Heat Sheets” (usually published 3-4 days before the meet). Click Heat Sheets. This will give a detailed schedule of events for every swimmer entered in the meet. Find your swimmer’s name and write down the Event #, the Heat #, and the Lane # they are in. You will need to write this information on your swimmer’s arm prior to the start of the meet. (see below for format.)
- Print Event Information: (optional) You can also print out the event information for just your family by doing this: Login to the website. Choose “View Meet Entry Information for Just Your Family”. Print that out. This will give you the event list for your swimmer.
The day of the meet:
- Arrive 15 minutes before warmups.
- With a sharpie, write your swimmer’s event schedule on their arm in the below format. This will help them stay on track so they don’t miss a swim. Here is an example:
Event Heat Lane Name of event
3 2 4 50 Free
5 1 2 50 Back
7 3 3 25 Free
You and your swimmer can keep track and follow along by watching the event sequence on the scoreboard. Kids will need help initially to learn how to read the grid on their arm, but they will get the hang of it quickly! It is the swimmer’s responsibility to find their way to the block before every race. Also, a little bit of olive oil rubbed onto the skin will remove the sharpie marks pretty quickly after a meet.
- Have your swimmer check in with the coach before and after every event they swim. This is a great opportunity for your child to learn! If your coach is not there, make contact with whatever Marlins coach is there.
- Please do not be frustrated if your child get’s DQ’d, or disqualified. Even Olympic swimmers get DQ’d occasionally. Typically officials will pull your child aside and tell them why they got DQ’d if it should happen. Every swimmer has gotten DQ’d at least once, and it is part of the process of learning the strokes.
What to bring to a swim meet:
- Extra goggles and cap.
- Three or four towels, more in colder months.
- Chairs for swimmer & parents to sit in.
- Sharpie and highlighter
- A printout of your child’s event schedule. (from website - click “View Meet Entry Information for Just Your Family”)
- Healthy light Snacks – small bites in between swims and water or Gatorade are recommended
- Sunscreen if outside
Please don’t ever hesitate to ask other parents, coaches & board members for help! We are all there to help each other.