Altitude Performance Swim Team Mission Statement established by swimmers for swimmers!
"At Altitude, we swim for the team.
We strive to encourage each other, work hard, and value our teammates.
At Altitude, we train to RACE."
No doubt there are a variety of swim teams in Colorado Springs for parents to consider for their child. It is important that a parent try to match their interests and that of their child to the program that will best fulfill their needs. Each program has different strengths and weaknesses. To understand what OUR Team is all about, you are asked to read the Vision and Mission statement.
The strengths of OUR Team are as follows:
1) We provide individualized career planning and training plans for our athletes.
2) We provide the very best in technical instruction in strokes, starts and turns to our athletes of all ages. Swimming is a technique limited sport. You will only become as good as your attention to technical detail.
3) We can offer detailed help in college selection and decision making for the older high school athletes, since Coach Mike coached at the NCAA level for 20 years and has personal relationships with most of DI, DII and DIII coaches. OUR Team wants our athletes to swim in college and we work towards that end.
4) We provide our services for ONE FEE...paid monthly by the family including an annual family registration fee. There is no required fundraising or mandatory service hours. OUR Team charges a fair fee and pay our club needs from that one fee. You do pay for swim meet entries and your annual USA-Swimming membership fee.
5) Our aim is to help your child achieve all they are capable of achieving and are interested in achieving. We are not in existence for social purposes, though having friends on a team is important. We seek and support the highest levels of performances at all ages.
6) We believe the lessons of hard work, attention to detail, dedication, goal setting and personal achievement through effort are lessons well worth learning for every child. We live that everyday and reinforce it with the athletes everyday. If you believe the same, OUR Team may be for you!
OUR Team, like every opportunity for growth, has to be paid for! Our philosophy is simple:
Charge a fair fee. Period. No required fundraising, no booster club, no other irritating ways to fund the program.
For more information contact Mike Stromberg at (719) 505.2076 or firstname.lastname@example.org