Vortex Swim Club uses our team website for all team communication, billing, and meet entries. Please be sure to watch the video tutorials for how to use the On-Deck Parent, Understanding Your Events/Meets, and Understanding your Billing. Log in to the website using your primary Email & password. Click "My Account", click "My Tutorials", and then click "HERE". You can then select the video tutorial for any of these features.
Open and read the: Meet Information Sheet
Follow this tutorial on how to enter swim meets….(open this doc)
First, become familiar with the meet schedule. This schedule is posted on the Vortex website. Each meet has a recommendation for each practice group.
Vortex posts meets on the website in the Events section and as we receive the meet announcement from host teams, the Head Coach opens the meet for sign-ups.
Host clubs will publish meet information several weeks before the registration deadline. All meet information will be provided via email and all meet entries are done on our website.
Meet sign-ups are a two-part process
Please follow this two-part process when signing up for swim meets on the Team Vortex website. We hope this makes signing up for meets a snap!
Part One: The Meet Information PDF
You will receive an email announcement when a meet is open for sign-ups. The email will contain the training group recommendations for attendance and will have the meet announcement attached to the email.
Open the meet information attachment and print it out
This is a very important step! Read the meet information so you understand what days and times your swimmer(s) events are running! This information contains directions, meet and warm-up start times and the list of events for each day of the meet. The meet information will also let you know the fee per event and the pool surcharge fee.
Review with your swimmer which events to swim and on which days. If you are not sure what to sign up for, have your swimmer(s) speak to their coaches about which events they should swim. They should ask to speak to their coaches either before or after practice.
Things to watch for
1) The day and time. Some meets are on multiple days in multiple sessions. Make sure you understand when the events are scheduled.
2) Warm-up and start times. Warm-up is important and swimmers are expected to show up for warm-up.
3) The meet fees can add up quickly! Make sure you understand the fees associated with each meet. Meet fees are not refundable after the meet deadline has passed.
Once you have decided which events your swimmer will swim, with your printed meet information sheet in hand, go to the website.
Part Two: Go to the Team Website
With your meet information handy, go to our home page and click “Attend this event” under the meet you want.
Online Meet Entry Instructions
- Sign into the website using your primary email and password.
- To register your swimmer, click the "Attend This Event" button for the meet.
- Click on the Signup Record pull-down and select Yes.
- Once yes is selected, you will see the events your child MAY be eligible to swim.
- Check the Checkbox to the left of the name for those events you would like to swim.
- Please take careful notice of time standards that must be met in the right-side columns (do not modify the entry time or select relays. Coaches are responsible for relay sign-up.)
- Once you have finished, click on the Submit Button in the lower right.
- You will notice that Coach Approval column will indicate pending after you submit.
- Please pay careful attention to:
- Maximum Event Entry Limitations IF PRESENT. Click on the >>View if present.
- Add any notes that you want the Coach or Administrator to see.
- Repeat the process for additional swimmers.
Be sure to write down and save the events that you register for. If at any time you want to see what events you have signed up for just click on "Events" on the main menu just as if you were to register for a meet. Find the meet and click on "Attend This Event". This should give you the entries for that meet for all swimmers under your account.
Some meets have relay events. The coaching staff will make all decisions regarding relay teams and events. If you do not want your swimmer entered on a relay team, you must email the Head Coach.
Our team writes one check for the entire team on the day the meet entries are submitted to the host team. These fees are non-refundable regardless of whether or not your swimmer attends the meet or competes in all of their events.
All fees for meets are billed directly to your account. Meet entry fees must be paid in full by the 5th of the next month.
You will receive a meet information email the week prior to the meet. This email will give you any tips about the meet and let you know which coaches to look for.
If you have additional questions about the meet entry process, contact your swimmers coach.