Job Description – Hospitality Manager (various meets)
Open: September 9, 2015
Position: Hospitality Manager
The Hospitality Coordinator has overall responsibility for ensuring adequate and appropriate food and beverages are served in a timely manner to the coaches, officials, and workers attending a FAST hosted meet. The Hospitality Coordinator position can be shared by multiple people.
Commitment: One Meet
October Scary FAST meet 12 credits. December Mid-Season Finale 16 credits, May Long Course Spring meet 12 credits.
Contact: Anyone interested in this position should contact Dawn Tipton at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hospitality Coordinators responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
1) Working with the meet director to determine the number of meals to be served, the format of the meet, the number of potential people partaking in hospitality, a rough budget and a timeline.
2) Planning and executing menus for each day of the meet.
3) Soliciting food/beverage donations from vendors in exchange for advertising at the meet.
4) Doing the bulk of the shopping for hospitality food/supplies. This can be coordinated with the Head of Concessions.
5) Arriving prior to the first session of the meet to “set up” the hospitality room.
6) During the meet, the hospitality coordinator ensures that kitchen workers assigned to each session are knowledgeable in the preparation and serving (buffet style) of each meal on the menu.
7) During the meet, the hospitality coordinator ensures that food from vendors arrives to the kitchen in a timely manner.
8) OPTIONAL: Hospitality Coordinators may opt to prepare food for particular portions of the menu. Some Hospitality Coordinators prefer to make food rather than seek donations or purchase food.
9) At the end of the meet, the Hospitality Coordinator works with Hospitality Support Workers to clean up the kitchen and return all of FAST’s hospitality equipment to the storage area.
10) The Hospitality Coordinator takes an inventory of remaining supplies (cups, plates, napkins etc) and provides those numbers to the Hospitality Coordinator for the next meet.
11) Submitting all expenses to FAST Business Manager no later than three days after the end of the meet.
Kathy Mason email@example.com
Kyra Geraghty firstname.lastname@example.org
Terry & Colleen Fine email@example.com
Head of Concessions: Toby Engel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Meet Directors Lance Holter (email@example.com)
Business Manager Julie Wallace (firstname.lastname@example.org)