We need a community to run our meets and we look to you to help. Providing timers from our team is a requirement not an option. If our team does not provide the required number of timers, it is penalized and gains questionable reputation as a team!
Gold Short Course Timing Requirement:
Each Weston swimmer's family is required to time a minimum of 2 timing shifts per swimmer. If you have more than one swimmer in any level group, the family timing requirement cap is 6 shifts. Most shifts are between 2-3 hours.
Age Group (and up) Short Course Timing Requirement:
Each Weston swimmer's family is required to time a minimum of 3 timing shifts per swimmer. If you have more than one swimmer, the family timing requirement cap is 6 shifts. **This excludes timing your own swimmer for distance races. It also excludes Championship meets, finals or travel meets. Those shifts are not included in the minimum requirement.**
Who Can Time:
Anyone over the age of 15 is eligible to time. This includes family friends, college kids, sitters or grandparents. No experience is necessary!
How to Sign up to Time:
As the meet information becomes available, online timer job sign-up sheets will be created. A few days before each meet, we will put together the timing roster. We will assign shifts based on when your swimmer is in the pool and the number of timing assignment you have completed during the season. If/When you are assigned a timing shift and you are unable to fulfill it, please notify the coach and timing coordinator(s) immediately. Failure to comply with your timing assignment will have to pay the penalty listed below:
Penalty for Failing to Comply with Timing Requirement:
1. If the family doesn't show up for an assigned timing shift or fails to find a replacement timer - they will be assessed a $75 fee per shift at the next billing cycle immediately following the meet.
2. If a family knows that they are unable to meet the minimum timing requirements, we offer a timing buyout option of $250 for the season per swimmer. If you are interested in this option, please let our timing coordinators know.
**Team Rosters and contact information are on our website. If your swimmer scratches from a meet, please notify your timing coordinator(s) no later than 5 days before the meet and we will take you off the timing roster and will find a replacement.**
Exceptions and Limitations to the Timing Requirement:
1) If a swimmer is unable to complete a season due to injury, Weston Swimming waives the timing requirement.
2) Weston will work with individual families to accommodate special requests or needs. For example, some families choose to complete all of their timing shifts in one weekend.
3) The timing requirement is only a minimum. The more meets your child swims the more likely you are to time.
If you have any questions or concerns about timing please do not hesitate to reach out to our Timing Coordinators, Iryna Akolzina (12 and unders) and Julie Hawkins (Seniors).