As part of the registration process for Weston Swimming, all players and parents must check a box indicating the following:
"We, parent(s) and player, have discussed the Weston Swimming, Inc. Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it. We understand that there is no refund or recourse for dismissal from our program as a consequence of breaking this Code of Conduct."
Weston Swimming Code of Conduct
The Weston Swimming, Inc. Code of Conduct is strict and meaningful in our sport. All people associated with the sport are always expected to act with sportsmanship, dignity and respect for others. This includes coaches, parents, players and referees.
Poor sportsmanship includes:
- Arguing with coaches, officials, teammates, opponents or spectators,
- Using threatening or profane language,
- Baiting or taunting coaches, officials, teammates, opponents or spectators,
- Uncontrolled behavior in the locker room or pool deck.
Poor sportsmanship will carry, at a minimum, the following consequences:
- First Offense Verbal warning
- Second Offense Dismissal from the pool deck
- Third Offense Dismissal from next meet/practice
- Fourth Offense Dismissal from the team
Code of Conduct includes Locker Room Behavior
The Weston Swimming Code of Conduct applies to our pool deck and locker room areas as well as the deck and locker room areas at any other pool while the swimmers represent Weston Swimming. The use of cell phones, cameras and/or any other video recording equipment in these locker rooms is strictly prohibited.
Locker room supervision is the responsibility of the parents/guardians NOT the coaches.