PAC SWIM TEAM REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Welcome back to Panther Aquatic Club Short Course Swim Season!
PAC Short Course training will take place at Pomperaug High School. Registration information and an explanation of practice squads follows.
All returning PAC swimmers must pre-register for the fall/winter season on the PAC website, www.pacswimming.com, by August 25. Once on the website, DO NOT LOG IN. Click on the Start Registration button in the leftmost column and proceed as directed to reserve your swimmer’s place. You will be required to pay two fees which must be paid online with a credit card.
- USA/CT Swimming Fees for the 2019-2020 season in the amount of $75.
- $25 Team membership fee is required for all swimmers to help defray the cost of pool/training equipment and other expenses.
Coach Lucy will place all swimmers in the appropriate practice group prior to STEP 2.
Complete your team registration by paying all Coaching fees to Southbury Parks & Recreation. Beginning September 3, 2019, go to www.southbury-ct.gov and click on Recreation Registration. Sign in to your account. (If this is the first time, please set up your RecDesk account name and password.) Search your swimmer’s practice group and complete registration.
STEPS 1 & 2 must be completed by September 17th. Failure to complete registration by 9/17/19 could result in your swimmer losing their spot on the team.
PRACTICE SQUADS AND FEES:
- The Senior Squad is comprised of pre-high school swimmers who want to continue to work on stroke mechanics and increase their endurance, speed, and strength in the water. This group will train at high intensity for 1-1½ hours five days a week. There may be optional weekend practice sessions available.
- Senior Squad swimmers will be expected to attend as many practices as possible.
- Senior Squad swimmers are required to compete in meets as well as championship meet(s) at the end of the season.
- Practice begins 10/1/19 and runs until 3/8/2020.
- Fee is $560.
- The Competition Squad is for swimmers ages 9-12 who are working on proficiency in all strokes, but are not yet ready for the high demands of the Senior squads. This squad will train 4 days a week for one hour, working on specifics stroke mechanics, starts, turns, and increasing endurance in the pool.
- Competition Squad swimmers should attend as many practices as possible to benefit from instruction and conditioning.
- It is strongly suggested that Competition Squad compete in meets.
- Practice begins 10/1/19 and runs until 3/1/2020 for swimmers competing at Championships. The season will end 2/7/19 for swimmers NOT competing at Championships..
- Fee is $480.00.
- The 8/Under Squad is designed for our younger athletes who love the sport of swimming and are anxious to continue to train in the spring. This squad will train three times a week for 45 minutes. Continued emphasis on stroke development in all four strokes, streamline, starts and turns.
- 8/Under Squad swimmers should attend as many practices as possible to benefit from instruction and conditioning
- 8/Under swimmers are encouraged to compete in meets.
- Practice begins 10/1/19 and runs until 2/16/2020.
- Fee is $240.00
- The Cub Squad is designed for 5 and 6 year olds who can swim 25 yards of freestyle and backstroke. They will train once a week for 45 minutes.
- This squad will not compete.
- Practice begins the week of 10/1/19 and run until the week of January 27, 2020.
- Fee is $135.00
COMPETING IN MEETS
Member families will be notified when meets are available for sign up. Please be prompt in committing your child to meets as they fill up very quickly and we must send entries very early to hold space in the meet for our team.
Once your registration is approved, you will be able to your swimmer up for meets. Meet details can be found under the MEETS/EVENTS tab on the team website. All meet entries require a meet entry or splash fee ($8-$11 per individual event entered in a meet) which will be charged to your member accounts once the team entry is submitted to the host team.
ALL FAMILIES ARE EXPECTED TO TIME AT MEETS DURING THE SEASON.
UNIFORM: Swimmers must wear the team suit and cap at meets. Our team suit fitting is MONDAY SEPTEMBER 9TH from 6:00pm to 7:45pm. You will have an opportunity to purchase our new team suit as well as any training equipment needed for your squad.
PRACTICE: The monthly practice calendar will be posted on the team website. Any changes to this calendar will be emailed and will be noted above the calendar on the website. Check the team website for the full practice schedule including times and days.
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING: Mandatory Parent Meeting @ Park & Rec for Senior, Competition, 8 & Under and Cub parents at 7:30pm on Thursday September 26.
WEBSITE: www.pacswimming.com contains everything you will need to know about the team, meets we will attend, practice information, etc.
MAAPP: All families must read the USA Swimming Minor Athlete Abuse Protection Policy during online registration and sign stating that they have done so. Failure to do so will make your swimmer ineligible for meets.
Once a swimmer’s registration is processed for the upcoming season, there will be no prorating of fees or refunds for failure to practice, unless a valid doctor’s note for a long term illness or injury is presented. In this case, fees will be prorated by month for the remainder of the season. A $25 cancellation processing fee will be applied.
PAYMENT METHOD – CHECK
- If membership fees are to be paid by check, fees must be paid in full.
PAYMENT METHOD - CREDIT CARD
- All member families are encouraged to link a credit card to their account. We do not have access to this number once it is stored; we are only able to post charges to the card.
- In order to participate in meets, a credit card must be on file. The credit card on file will be charged for meet fees on the day meet fees are posted to the account.
All outstanding fees must be paid before a swimmer may be re-registered for the upcoming season.