(for new families)
1. PAC is a USA Swimming swim team, under sanction of Connecticut Swimming (LSC)..
2. Swimmers between the ages of 6 and 21 are welcome to join our team after being evaluated by a coach. Swimmers will be placed in practice groups at the discretion of PAC coaches so that they receive optimal training for their ability. Acceptance to the team is based on available space in each practice gorup.
3. PAC's website, www.pacswimming.com, has everything you need to know about our team: news & information about what’s coming, meet information, practice schedule, etc.
4. PAC competes in meets around Connecticut. Pools we may compete in include Wesleyan University, the Brookfield YMCA, Cheshire Community Pool, Chelsea Piers Aquatic Center, the Wilton WYCA, the Hopkins School.
5. Parents need to commit their swimmer to meets via the PAC website. Meets can be found under the MEETS tab. Meets are usually 2 days long but swimmers may opt to swim only one day. Meets fill up quickly so commit your swimmer early.
6. There are meet entry fees for every swimmer equal to $8-$12 per event. Swimmers usually swim 3 events per day. When the entry is final, meet fees will be posted to family accounts . (Note: if you need to scratch your swimmer, meets fees are still due.)
7. Championships are in late February/early March. To swim at championships, swimmers must compete in events during the season.
8. Be sure to check the practice calendar regularly for changes. Last minute changes will be emailed.
9. If Region 15 schools close due to weather or emergency, practice is cancelled. We try to hold practice on shortened days and in-service days.
10. Registration for the Short Course season takes place in August/early September. Registration for the Long Course season is in late March/early April. Returning members must register via the team website. New swimmers must pre-register for an evaluation and be evaluated by the head coach prior to joining. New members must be Southbury or Middlebury residents, or students in Region 15. No walk-in evaluations will be held.
11. All swimmers should have a suit and goggles for practice, along with fins. Girls should wear a cap. Senior level and higher swimmers must also have paddles and snorkels. Check the Equipment tab on our website for our preferred vendors.
12. Team suits should be worn only at meets! Swimmers may wear any swim team style suit to practice. Boys should refrain from wearing board shorts; girls should refrain from wearing two-piece suits. Practice suits may be purchased from Metro Swim shop or from Swim Outlet.