(for new families)
1. PAC is a USA Swimming swim team.
2. Swimmers ages 8 years old and younger are in the 8&Under group, also known as 8/U or 8U. Some advanced 8/U swimmers may practice with a higher Developmental group. Swimmers between the ages of 9 and 12 are in our Developmental groups, either Competition or Clinic. Accomplished 11 & 12 year old swimmers (11/12s) are in the Senior Group, along with swimmers age 13 & older (13/Os). Our older, most proficient athletes are in our Senior Elite group.
3. PAC has a website: www.pacswimming.com. Please bookmark it; it has everything you need to know about our team: news & information about what’s coming, meet information, practice schedule….
4. We swim in meets around Connecticut. Pools we might be swimming in include Wesleyan University, the Westport YMCA, Cheshire Community Pool, East Hartford HS, the Wilton WYCA, the Hopkins School…..
5. Parents need to commit their swimmer to meets via the PAC website. Meets can be found under the MEETS tab. Meets are usually 2 days long but swimmers may opt to swim only one day. Meets fill up quickly so commit your swimmer early! Let us know if they will swim one or both days of the meet.
6. There are meet entry fees for every swimmer equal to $5-$10 per event. Swimmers usually swim 3 events per day. When the entry is final, meet fees will be uploaded to family accounts . (Note: if you need to scratch your swimmer, the meets fees will still be due.)
7. Championships are in late February/early March. To swim at championships, swimmers must compete in events during the season.
8. Be sure to check the practice calendar regularly for changes. We will email any last minute changes as soon as we know them.
9. If Region 15 schools close due to weather or emergency, practice is cancelled. We try to hold practice on shortened days and in-service days.
10. Registration for the Short Course season takes place in August. Registration for the Long Course season is in late March/early April. Click on the Registration tab for details and required paperwork. Returning members must register via the team website. New swimmers must be evaluated by the head coach prior to joining. New swimmers must print and complete all paperwork in order to register.
11. All swimmers should have a suit and goggles for practice, along with fins. Girls should wear a cap. Senior level and higher swimmers must also have paddles and snorkels. Check the Equipment tab on our website for our preferred vendors.
12. Team suits should be worn only at meets! Swimmers may wear any swim team style suit to practice. Boys should refrain from wearing board shorts; girls should refrain from wearing two-piece suits. Practice suits may be purchased from Metro Swim shop for from swim Outlet.