Code of Conduct and Swimmers Code of Ethics
As a member of the WWRX team, I am part of a swimming organization that believes teamwork, integrity, respect and good sportsmanship are more important than winning. By signing this Code of Conduct, I agree to follow the rules for behavior and sportsmanship while I am a member of the WWRX team.
- I promise to show respect and common courtesies at all times to the team members, coaches, competitors, officials, parents and for all facilities and other property used during practices, competitions and team activities.
- I promise to demonstrate good sportsmanship during all practices, competitions, and team activities.
- I will be an active participant in all team practices, competitions, fundraising events and other team activities. I will come to all team sponsored events in the appropriate attire.
- I will respect the coaches' and officials' instructions and will make every effort to be on time for workouts, competitions, and team events.
- I will refrain from foul language, violence, behavior deemed dishonest, discourteous, disrespectful, or offensive to others.
PART I GENERAL CONDUCT The undersigned athlete/coach participating with/for the WWRX team agrees to abide by the guidelines outlined below in addition to those established by the staff.
- All swimmers are expected to follow the directions of the staff.
- All swimmers, coaches and lifeguards are required to attend all team meetings and training sessions, unless excused by the board.
- Dishonesty, theft, and/or vandalism will not be tolerated.
- Indiscreet or destructive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Every effort should be made to avoid guilt by association with such activities as those listed above.
PART II VIOLATION OF THE CODE The coaches have the power to impose the following penalties for violation of the WWRX team Code of Conduct. The penalties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The swimmer will be given a verbal warning and possibly side-lined during practice.
- The swimmer will be sent home with a written warning and the coach will contact the parent and the board.
- The swimmer will need to have a parent in attendance at a minimum of four (4) consecutive practices.
- If the swimmer continues his/her unacceptable behavior, he/she will be suspended for one (1) week. (There will be NO prorated fee or refund for the missed practice time.)
- If the swimmer's disciplinary problem continues, the swimmer and parent will meet with the coach and board to discuss the problem further. I agree that if I violate any of these rules, I will be subject to disciplinary action determined by the coaches, and the board, which may include expulsion from the team. Dismissals for Code of Conduct violations are NOT eligible for refunds of any team fees.
Swimmers Code of Ethics
I WILL FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS THE FIRST TIME THEY ARE GIVEN
I WILL RESPECT MY TEAMMATES AT ALL TIMES
I WILL SUPPORT AND PROVIDE ENCOURAGEMENT FOR MY TEAMMATES
I WILL COME TO MY COACH TO DISCUSS ANY PROBLEMS THAT MAY BE OCCURRING BOTH IN AND OUT OF THE POOL, ESPECIALLY IF THEY ARE INTERFERING WITH MY PERFORMANCES
I WILL BEHAVE BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER PRACTICE ESPECIALLY WITH MY FRIENDS PRACTICE RESPONSIBILITIES
I WILL COME TO PRACTICE AT LEAST FOUR (3 FOR U11) TIMES A WEEK
I WILL WORK ON ALL STROKES AND DISTANCES AND DO THE BEST I POSSIBLY CAN AT PRACTICE; REGARDLESS OF WHAT IS BEING ASKED OF ME
I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS BETTER TO SWIM SLOW CORRECTLY, THAN IT IS FAST INCORRECTLY
I WILL ARRIVE AT PRACTICE 15 MINUTES BEFORE WARM UPS FOR CHANGING, BATHROOM USE, AND STRETCHING
I WILL LISTEN TO ALL DIRECTIONS IN PRACTICE SO I KNOW WHAT IS EXPECTED
I WILL ASK QUESTIONS WHEN I DO NOT UNDERSTAND
I WILL WATCH THE CLOCK WHILE I SWIM SO I KNOW HOW CONSISTENT I AM SWIMMING-AS WELL AS HOW FAST
I WILL RESPECT MY LANEMATES BY WORKING WITH THEM NOT AGAINST THEM
I WILL TALK TO THE COACH ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS OR CONCERNS REGARDING PRACTICE AND SWIMS
I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS MY CHOICE EACH AND EVERY DAY JUST HOW HARD I WILL WORK; A SUCCESSFUL SWIMMER NEVER MISSES A REPEAT, NEVER SITS OUT, AND NEVER GOES TO THE BATHROOM IN THE MIDDLE OF A SET
I WILL KNOW WHAT EVENTS I AM SWIMMING PRIOR TO EACH MEET
I WILL ARRIVE TO MEETS 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO WARM UP FOR CHANGING, BATHROOM USE, AND STRETCHING
I WILL PAY ATTENTION TO WARM UPS AND WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO BE DOING
I WILL BE READY TO SWIM 15 MINUTES BEFORE MY EVENT
I WILL THINK ABOUT MY SWIM--WHAT FELT RIGHT/WRONG--THEN COME AND TALK TO THE COACH BEFORE I GO ANYWHERE ELSE
I WILL LEARN AND BECOME A BETTER SWIMMER WITH EACH RACE
I WILL PROVIDE ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT FOR MY TEAMMATES
I WILL SET MEET GOALS BASED ON PAST SWIMS
I WILL REACT TO BOTH GOOD AND BAD SWIMS IN A RESPONSIBLE MANNER
I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE EXPECTED OF ME AS A MEMBER OF THE WATER RAT UNITED STATES SWIMMING PROGRAM. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT IF I CHOOSE NOT TO FOLLOW THESE RESPONSIBILITIES I MAY BE SUSPENDED OR ELIMINATED FROM THIS TEAM.