USA Practice Group
THE GOAL OF THE USA PROGRAM is to provide a higher level of swimming for those motivated swimmers. Swimmers who choose, or are selected to do USA Swimming, should understand that their first commitment is to the WWRX recreational team. The USA portion of the program is in addition to the recreation requirements. The expectations for the USA practice team are as follows:
- 12 and over swimmers – practice at least 4 days per week
- 11 and under swimmers – practice at least 3 days per week
a. Feel free to attend all practices, the more practices your child attends, the better the chance for success.
I understand that many of our kids are participating in other sports and activities over the spring and that is good. However, 5 to 6 practices are offered each week allowing for flexibility in your schedules so that you can still meet this minimal requirement. While I know everyone is busy, being on this team is your choice. By making this choice, you are committing to a higher level of swimming with higher expectations. FAILURE to meet these requirements may result in removal from the USA team to the rec., moving down a group, or being assigned to a different practice session
It is expected that all swimmers will act in a responsible and respectful manner at all times both in and out of the pool. The following behaviors are expected:
- Arrive to the pool early enough to use the bathrooms, socialize, or stretch, entering the pool when directed to.
- Listen (by facing the coach) and follow all instructions and directions
- No foolish or disruptive behavior before / during / or after practice / meets (in the pool or outside the pool).
- React to success and poor performances in a responsible manner
- Treat all members of the Water Rat Team with RESPECT (parents, swimmers, and coaches) REGARDLESS
- Treat your opponents the way that you would want to be treated in both victory and defeat
- Always display proper lane etiquette
FAILURE TO MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS WILL RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION. CONSEQUENCES MAY RANGE FROM SWIMMERS BEING SPOKEN TO, TIME OUT ASSIGNED, PARENTAL CONTACT, A FORMAL MEETING WITH THE BOARD, AND AS A LAST RESORT, A REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL FROM THE USS TEAM. WHILE THIS WOULD BE THE LAST STEP IN THE PROCESS, IF A SWIMMER IS EITHER UNWILLING OR UNABLE TO FOLLOW THEIR SIGNED CODE OF ETHICS CONTRACT, WITH NO CHANGE IN BEHAVIOR AFTER ATTEMPTS TO MODIFY THEIR BEHAVIOR, IT IS IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE TEAM TO REMOVE THIS SWIMMER FROM THE TEAM.