Wallingford Dolphins Swim Team College Scholarship
The Wallingford Dolphins would like to recognize talented swimmers who have represented the Wallingford Family YMCA with distinction. These individuals have been outstanding competitive swimmers and contributors to their team, as well as being good students who are active in the community, and represent the YMCA’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
The Wallingford Dolphins Swim Team College Scholarship is open to high school seniors who are members of the Wallingford Family YMCA, and who have been current members of the Wallingford Dolphins Swim Team for at least two years. $250 scholarships will be awarded to selected recipients to be used towards college tuition and books.
Scholarship(s) will be awarded based on a brief application and short essay.
A scholarship committee comprised of members of the aquatic staff and swim team parents will review all applications and select the most qualified candidate(s).
The winner(s) will be announced at the Wallingford Dolphins Team Banquet held in the spring. By submitting an essay, the applicant is agreeing to share the essay with the Wallingford Dolphins community at the team banquet.
- Senior in high school
- Planning to attend a 2 or 4 year college
- Member of the Wallingford Family YMCA
- Current member of the Wallingford Dolphins Swim Team for at least two years
- Strong and tangible swim team leadership
- Please submit application/essay via email no later than February 25, 2019 to Colynda LeSieur firstname.lastname@example.org. Insert WFYD Scholarship in the subject line.
- Essays are only accepted in electronic format. MS Word or PDF files are preferred.