The WFYD coaching staff run clinics before the start of each season.
For the Fall/Winter 2016-2017 season we will be running a High School Girls Clinic, Olympics Clinic and Welcome to WFYD clinics for interested swimmers in the month of March. Please check out the information listed below for information!
- WHAT: It’s an exciting time to be a sports fan with the Rio Olympic Games around the corner! For those particularly interested in competitive swimming, the WFYD coaching staff will be holding a program to learn more from the elite swimmers who will be competing at the Olympics. Participants in this clinic will watch races from that day and take those elite skills and break them down to practice them in the water.
- WHEN: August 8th-12th from 5:00-6:30pm.
- WHO: Must have a competitive swimming background if coming from another program, otherwise must be in Squad 2, Pod 1, Pod 2, Pod 3, or Super Pods to participate.
- PRICE: $60 for members, non-members please contact Head Coach Alex Hunter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
High School Girls Clinic
- WHAT: It’s time for high school girls swim season- are you ready? This clinic is intended for girls entering 9th-12th grade in the 2016-2017 school year who plan to participate on their high school swim teams. There will be dryland and swimming components, and the WFYD coaching staff will be focused on endurance & getting participants a kick-start to their season.
- WHEN: August 8th-12th and/or 15th-18th from 7:00-9:00am.
- WHO: Girls entering grades 9-12 who plan to compete on their high school swim teams. Competitive experience is not required, just a strong work ethic!
- PRICE: Week 1 $65, week 2 $52, both weeks $95 for members & non-members, the price is the same.
Welcome to WFYD: August 15th-18th & 22nd-25th ($25/session or $40)
- WHAT: This clinic is for swimmers who are new to WFYD and want to get a feel for the team before practices starts. Swimmers will be introduced to WFYD's coaching styles, drills, and games to get prepared for the new season.
- WHEN: August 15th-18th and/or 22nd-25th. 8 & unders will swim from 5:00-5:45pm, 9 & overs will swim from 5:45-6:30pm.
- WHO: Any swimmer who has an interest in joining the Wallingford Dolphins swim team! Must be able to swim independently of equipment for at least 12.5 yards.
- Price: Members- $28 per session or $50 for both sessions. Non-Members- $35 per session or $60 for both sessions.