To have effective practices, WFYD team members are required to have swimming equipment at every scheduled practice. This equipment is determined by practice group, outlined below. Examples of this type of equipment can be found on our team dealer's website, Varsity Swim Shop. Please note that you do not have to purchase team equipment from Varsity, but they give good examples of the types of items we require.
- Squads: Kickboard (fins recommended if you do not want to borrow from YMCA bin)
- Pod 1: Kickboard, fins, mesh equipment bag
- Pod 2: Snorkel, kickboard (fins recommended if you do not want to borrow from the YMCA), mesh equipment bag
- Pod 3: Kickboard, fins, snorkel, pull buoy, paddles, mesh equipment bag
- Pod 4: Kickboard, fins, mesh equipment bag, pull buoy.
- Super Pods: Kickboard, fins, snorkel, pull buoy, paddles, mesh equipment bag
- Optional Equipment: Paddles (if not group required), tempo trainer
*Regarding fins: please do not get short blade fins, biofuse fins, or zoomers. Different types of fins are made of different types of sets, swimmers, and ability levels. The fins that are shown here are the right choice for the swimmers on our team.
All swimmers are required to wear goggles. Female swimmers will be strongly encouraged to wear a cap- the cap must be latex or silicone. Males will not be required to wear caps unless their hair is longer than shoulder length (although there will be mandatory cap days because all swimmers must wear a WFYD cap at meets).
A reminder that females must wear one-piece bathing suits that are meant for training (please do not have your swimmers wear suits that have tassels/beads/etc. on them as they will fall off!). Males must wear jammers (no swim trunks that you would wear to the beach, for instance).
Information about our team suit, cap, and other team apparel will be out soon. We are working with Varsity to get this information to you as soon as possible (including pricing).