Age Range: High School aged
Practice Requirements: Minimum 5 times/ week plus dry-land and yoga once a week. More practice times a week is recommended if they want to be on the National Development track OR to be able to come to travel meets like Sunkissed.
- This group is only for high school-aged swimmers who are highly experienced at the age group level of competitive swimming, and those who are preparing or currently swimming on their High School team.
- Swimmers in this group also train and compete at the meets, but who do not qualify or demonstrate the commitment needed to be on National Development or N2.
- Swimmers are skilled in all four competitive strokes.
- Stroke technique will be emphasized, but there is an increased proportion of conditioning with interval training.
- At this level, there is a high expectation of teamwork and a positive attitude.
- Swimmers are expected to participate in all age-appropriate meets, both at home and away.
- Relay participation is expected for all members of this group as well.
- In addition, swimmers will be asked to participate in one or more travel meets per year where they will stay overnight in the area if they have the time standards and practice attendance requirements. If a swimmer attends practices 5 days a week from September, swims the whole entire practice, and makes the qualifying times for the Sunkissed Invitational, then they may be asked to participate in the meet.
- Finally, swimmers in this group need to help mentor the younger swimmers when necessary at meets or at practices.
All Senior swimmers should get the following gear.
1. Snorkel – Finis Snorkel
2. Paddles - Finis “Agility” Paddles (Medium)
3. TYR Stryker Silicone Fin
4. Speedo Mesh Gear Bag
Optional (but nice to have your own):
5. Speedo Pull Buoy
6. Finis Alignment Kickboard
7. Finis EVO Quick tempo Mono-fin
8. Finis ISO Paddles (good for breaststrokers!)
9. Goggle Bungee strap
- Swimmers should also bring a water bottle, extra goggles, and extra caps to every practice.