NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Age Range: 12-15
Practice Requirements: 6 times/ week plus mandatory dry-lands twice a week and Yoga once a week
- This group is only for high school-aged swimmers who are highly experienced at the Age group/ Senior level of competitive swimming.
- Swimmers in this group will train and compete at meets trying to gain national-level status and want to be part of the National Team.
- Swimmers are skilled in all four competitive strokes.
- Stroke technique will be emphasized, but there is an increased proportion of conditioning with interval training.
- Swimmers can make 15 x 100 1:25 Freestyle
- Swimmers must have qualified for Age Groups/Senior Opens at some point in the last 2 years.
- At this level, there is a high expectation of dedication to the sport of swimming as well as teamwork and a positive attitude.
- Swimmers are expected to participate in all age-appropriate meets, both at home and away.
- Relay participation is expected for all members of this group as well.
- In addition, swimmers will be asked to participate in several travel meets per year where they will stay overnight in the area if they have the time standards and practice attendance requirements.
- Finally, swimmers in this group need to help mentor the younger swimmers when necessary at meets or at practices.
All National and National Development swimmers should get the following gear.
1. Snorkel – Finis Snorkel
2. Paddles - Finis “Agility” Paddles
3. Short Fins - Finis “Edge”/ TYR Stryker Silicone Fins
4. Speedo Mesh Gear Bag
5. Finis Pulling Ankle Strap
6. Finis Tempo Pro Trainer
7. Finis 8” parachute
Optional (but nice to have your own):
8. Speedo Pull Buoy
9. Finis Alignment Kickboard
10. Finis EVO Quick tempo Mono-fin
11. Finis ISO Paddles (good for breaststrokers!)
12. Goggle Bungee strap
· Swimmers should also bring a water bottle,
extra goggles and extra caps to every practice.