Age Range: 10 - 13
Practice Requirements: 5 times/ week plus mandatory dry-land 1x Week
- This group is only for swimmers 10 and 13-year-olds who are developing into highly experienced at the age group level of competitive swimming.
- Swimmers in this group are preparing to compete at the top competitive level.
- Swimmers are skilled in all four competitive strokes.
- Stroke technique will be emphasized, but there will be an increased proportion of conditioning with interval training.
- Swimmers can make 10 x 100 1:45 Freestyle
- At this level, there is a high expectation of dedication to the sport of swimming as well as teamwork and a positive attitude.
- Swimmers are expected to participate in all age-appropriate meets, both at home and away. In meets, swimmers will be expected to compete in the 50 yards and 100-yard and 200-yard events in all four strokes as well as the 100 and 200 individual medley and 500 freestyle. They may also be strongly encouraged to try the 1000 freestyle and perhaps the 400 IM.
- Relay participation is expected for all members of this group as well.
- In addition, swimmers will be asked to participate in one or more travel meets per year where they will stay overnight in the area if they have the time standards and practice attendance requirements.
Age Group swimmers should get the following gear.
1. Snorkel – Finis “Original” Swimmer’s Snorkel
2. Paddles – Finis Agility Paddles
3. TYR Stryker Silicone Fin
4. Mesh Gear Bag – please put the name on the bag
Optional (but nice to have your own):
5. Speedo Pull Buoy
6. Speedo Kick Board
7. Tempo Pro Trainer
(Only from the recommendation of the coach)
*Swimmers should also bring a water bottle, extra goggles, and extra caps to every practice.