Age Range: 7 and 8-year-olds with possibly some 9 years old
- The Rockets squad is for experienced young competitive swimmers who are proficient and legal in all four competitive strokes and are preparing for competitions.
- Emphasis will be on fine-tuning in all four competitive strokes with a heavy emphasis on kicking and drill work.
- Improvement with competitive starts will also be addressed.
- Swimmers will be introduced to the pace clock as a tool in their training.
- Swimmers are to participate in all age-appropriate meets (8+under and some 10+under meets).
- In meets, swimmers will be expected to compete in the 25 and 50-yard events in all four strokes, as well as the 100 yards freestyle and 100 yards IM.
- Swimmers will also be expected to participate in relays alongside teammates.
- Swimmers may also be asked to compete in the 200 freestyle and IM
All Rockets and Future Stars swimmers should get the following gear.
1. FINIS Floating Swim Fins
*Swimmers should also bring a water bottle, extra goggles and extra caps to every practice.