2019-20 Winter “Virtual” Distance & IM Challenge
2018-19 Champions by Single Age: Click Here
2018-19 Virtual Distance & IM Challenge Full Results: Click Here
Indiana Swimming wants to identify the state’s top swimmers in long events, build the pipeline to national qualifiers and create “Pride” in IM & Distance Swimming!
How It Works: From December 13th 2019 through January 12th 2020 any swimmer who swims the 1650 in a sanctioned or unsanctioned setting may send in their 1000 & 1650 and 400 IM times) to be ranked in the Virtual Distance Challenge. (Yes, times from USA Swimming Sanctioned invitational’s & intra squad type meets will both be accepted during this time period)
Events: The VDC will rank all participants and award the top finishers in the 1650 & 1000 Freestyles and the 400IM by single age and gender.
*Participation is strictly voluntary and it is up to the individual coaches & clubs to choose whether to sanction these times or not.
When: 1000/1650 Freestyle & 400 IM results may only be submitted between the dates of December 13th 2019 through January 12th 2020
- Download the Data Entry Spreadsheet from the ISI website.CLICK HERE
- Schedule a date and time to race the events (secure ISI sanction if wishing for performances to be eligible for SWIMS database).
- Swim the events.
- Complete Entry Spreadsheet. CLICK HERE
- E-mail completed spreadsheets (Excel files) to Tony Young at email@example.com in the Indiana Swimming Office by 11:59 PM EST January 14, 2020.
Ages: All athletes between the ages of 7 and 18 with current USA-Swimming registration with the Indiana LSC at the time of the performance.
Entry Format: To enter please submit all times and swimmer information on the attached Excel Spreadsheet so results can be easily compiled. *Incomplete information will not be accepted!
Times: Times from the Distance Challenge will not be entered into the SWIMS database as part of this event. As well the Virtual Distance Challenge Results page will not be an acceptable proof to enter the Indiana Swimming Championship meets. *All USA Swimming & Indiana Swimming requirements for sanctioned meets must be followed for times to be submitted into the SWIMS database.
- To promote and build excitement and encourage “Pride” in Long IM & Distance Swimming in Indiana.
- Offer increased splashes in events that are traditionally not offered or limited in Indiana Swimming sanctioned meets to provide valuable experience in racing skills & strategies.
- Provide a unique, fun and easy experience that swimmers, coaches, and clubs can take part in a “Virtual” Mid-Season Incentive and gain bragging rights for their distance programs!
Results & Rankings:
- Swimmers will be ranked by (Single age and Gender) their Time and/ Power Point Ranking to determine an overall virtual champion in each event by single age and gender.
- Results will be posted on the Indiana Swimming Winter Distance Challenge link on the ISI Website
- Final Rankings to be posted 1.20.2020
Awards: Top Finishers in a single event and single age group will receive a Virtual Winter IM/Distance Champions T-Shirt.
Questions: Please refer all questions to Tony Young firstname.lastname@example.org
201 S. Capitol Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46225