INDIANA SWIMMING OPEN WATER PAGE
Open Water Practice
Open Water National Event Travel Support Program 11.7.2019
The Indiana Swimming Open Water National Event Travel Support Program provides financial support for those participating in designated USA Swimming national championship meets and other competitions previously approved.
CLICK HERE FOR 2019-20 PROGRAM DETAILS
2020 CZ Open Water Championship - Pleasant Prairie WI CANCELED
June 18, 2019 - June 19, 2020
- Central Zone Swimming Page CANCELED
- Central Zone OW Championships Qualifying Standards
- Team Indiana Central Zone 2020 Entry Information -CANCELED
- Central Zone Open Water Clinic June 18th Application -CANCELED
- Central Zone 2020 Open Water Host Website -CANCELED
- Central Zone 2020 Open Water Championship Information -CANCELED
2020 Indiana Open Water State Championships – Date: July 1, 2020: Voice of America Park, West Chester, Ohio (TBD)
- Click on Meet Information Page to find Open Water State Championships Qualifying Standards Click Here
- 2020 Open Water State Championships Information Page - Click Here
- 2020 Open Water State Championships Indiana Swimming Information- Click Here
- 2020 Open Water State Championships Indiana Swimming Event File- This will be a Team Indiana LSC Entry Process: Coming Spring 2020
OPEN WATER TRAINING SESSIONS FOR CENTRAL ZONES & INDIANA STATE OPEN WATER CHAMPIONSHIPS – Dates & Locations TBD
- Indiana coaches will be asked to assist during these training sessions
- Sign up Form to participate in training sessions (Spots may be limited to the first 50 athletes that register)
- Registration information is needed to communicate with coaches and athletes if weather issues arise
OPEN WATER SANCTION APPLICATION INFORMATION
This memo will provide you with a general overview of the new USA Swimming Open Water Meet Application in addition to the Sanctioning Process. In an effort to streamline the process of sanctioning an Open Water Race, and maintain the quality and safety of events, USA swimming is providing a new online meet application process for all LSCs. The Open Water Meet Application has been updated and is now online and ready to use.
For safety reasons, all USA swimming Open Water Sanctions/Approvals must be approved by the LSC and/or USA Swimming in order for Sanction to be granted. Once a host has completed the Application a copy will automatically be sent to the meet director, the LSC Sanction Chair and USA Swimming.
Important: The requirement that all OW meet applications be submitted to a zone approver prior to sanction has been eliminated.
Please do the following:
- Provide updated link to members of the LSC and add it to LSC website
- Remove any old Open Water application processes that are out of date
- Add Sanctioned races to your LSC meet Calendar
- Update LSC rules, bylaws and/or Policies as necessary to reflect these changes.
Link to Open Water Meet Application: CLICK HERE
Step by Step Instructions
- Meet Director completes online Sanction Application for their specific LSC and the Open Water Meet Application
- Meet Director submits online Open Water Meet Application. A copy will automatically be sent to the Meet director, LSC Sanction Chair and USA Swimming.
- The LSC and USA Swimming review the application and make suggestions as needed
- Once changes are made and/or if the application complies with requirements, it will be signed by LSC and/or USA Swimming
- The Sanction Chair signs off and issues valid sanction number