2020 Return to the Nat Invitational: October 31 & November 1
In partnership with the Indiana University Natatorium, Indiana Swimming will be hosting the Return to the Nat Invitational on Saturday and Sunday, October 31, and November 1. The excitement is building as this will be the first competition at the iconic "Nat" since the IHSAA Boys' State Swimming & Diving Championships in February. Athletes from 20 teams throughout Indiana will be competing in this timed finals, three sessions per day competition. If your club is competing in this meet, all the pertinent meet information will be posted on this page. You are advised to visit it often for the most current information.
- Spectators: There will be NO SPECTATORS permitted in the Natatorium for this event. This includes the main concourse of the Natatorium.
- Athlete Drop-Off/Entry/Exit: Parents bringing athletes should plan to drop them off and pick them up at the west entrance to the Natatorium on University Boulevard across from the soccer stadium. Thank you!
- Weekend Schedule: See the revised weekend schedule posted below for warm-up and competition times. Coaches will share with their athletes each team's unique arrival time and entry location. Should an emergency occur during the meet and a parent need to reach an athlete, please text/call 317-422-2166 to make arrangements to access your athlete.
- Masks: All participants (athletes, coaches, staff, officials, volunteers) must have a mask on at all times while in the venue. The only exception is for athletes during warm-up/competition/warm-down when they are in the pool. Athletes should bring a zip lock bag with their name on it to store their masks during the times they are in the water. Masks are required in the team bleachers on deck and at all times when walking around the deck.
- Social Distancing: A minimum distance of 6 feet between individuals should be observed at all locations inside the Natatorium. There is to be no standing or congregating on the main concourse of the facility. Athletes are expected to exit the Nat at the completion of their last swim.
- Hand Washing/Hygiene: Hand sanitation stations will be located at all entrances and throughout the venue.
WAIVERS: All participants (athletes, coaches, officials, staff, volunteers) must complete and return TWO waivers via email to [email protected] no later Wednesday, October 28. The two waiver forms (Indiana University & Indiana Swimming) were sent to coaches of participating teams to distribute to athletes. They can also be found below in two versions. JUST A REMINDER THAT PARENTS MUST ALSO SIGN THE WAIVERS OF ANY ATHLETES UNDER THE AGE OF 18. Thank you!
IU Covid Releast (pdf)
IU Covid Release (fillable)
Indiana/USA Swimming Covid Release (pdf)
Indiana/USA Swimming Covid Release (fillable)
COVID-19 QUESTIONNAIRE: All participants will be required to complete and submit an electronic Covid-19 questionnaire EACH day WITHIN ONE HOUR of arriving at the Natatorium. This electronic questionnaire can be accessed here: https://forms.gle/SNe5XnFZ8qQafUdT8
Questions should be sent to Arlene McDonald at [email protected] Thank you!
IMPORTANT MEET DOCUMENTS:
Team Arrival Times & Entry Location - Athletes
Saturday & Sunday Morning Session Heat Sheets (8:00 Start)
Saturday & Sunday Middle Session Heat Sheets (11:30 Start)
Saturday and Sunday Afternoon Session Heat Sheets (3:00 PM Start)
Return to the Nat Invitational - Meet Announcement
Revised Pre-Meet and Meet Schedule
Estimated Session Reports
Team Schedule - Session 1: Arrival, Team Seating, Warm-Up, Warm-Down
Team Schedule - Session 2: Arrival, Team Seating, Warm-Up, Warm-Down
Team Schedule - Session 3: Arrival, Team Seating, Warm-Up, Warm-Down
Return to the Nat Invitational - Deck Diagram
Return to the Nat Invitational - Concourse Diagram with Team Entries