NSC Competitive Team - "Where Dreams can become Reality"
Former Sea Creature, Lilly King, celebrates her gold medal victory in the Women's 100m Breaststroke at the Rio Olympics in 2016
This is our high performance group for high school aged athletes. Creature Elite athletes undertake the responsibility of embodying the Sea Creature mission statement by working hard to become the best version of themselves as athletes, leaders, and role models. Swimmers in this group are the best athletes, leaders, and role models in the club.
It is our mission for the young men and women in Creature Elite to become selfless leaders and elite athletes in order to prepare them for their next step in life regardless of what career path they choose.
- Achieve opportunities to compete at the highest of levels in United States Swimming
- Practice personal and team accountability through attendance and attitude
- Be a role model for all other swimmers on the team
- Become a leader in the classroom and community
Training Focus and Practice Duration
Our coaching staff believes that true success can only arrive when individuals become as passionate about the process as the outcome. Throughout each season, Senior Elite athletes will be pushed to think critically while training across all energy zones. You can find our Senior Elite Group's practice days and times on our Competitive Team Calendar (Remember to filter for Creature Elite!)
- Typical practices are 2 hours and 15 minutes in duration with the first 15-30 minutes consisting of mobility based dry-land activities
- Strength and conditioning through land based training is also implemented at this level
- Weekly morning practices are offered on a regular basis.
Entry into the Creature Elite Group is determined in several ways. First, athletes must have the desire to train and think at the highest level at all times. In this group, the goal is for each individual to reach their true potential as an athlete, leader, and role model. Swimming is the highest extra-curricular priority for members in Creature Elite.
- A minimum of 100% practice attendance is required for all athletes in this group
- Competes in appropriate level of championship meet as deemed by the head coach at the beginning of the season
- Takes full responsibility for his or her actions both in and out of the pool
- Accepts constructive criticism at both practices and meets
- Embraces adversity and is consistently searching to improve him or herself
- Places the goals of the group before themselves
- Willingly acts as a mentor for all Sea Creatures
Training in this group uses many different types of equipment. Athletes are expected to have proper and functioning swimming gear at all times. Equipment is the responsibility of the athlete and should not get in the way of training.
- Fins, Paddles, Snorkel, Kickboard, Pull buoy, tempo trainer, water bottle
> Register for the Competitive Team <