Scholastic All-Americans are athletes who are recognized both for their success in academics and swimming.
Swimmers must have completed 10th, 11th, or 12th grade and must be a USA Swimming member athlete.
Minimum 3.5 GPA for the current academic year
- Honors, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate will earn one extra GP
- The applicant will be required to upload a copy of his or her high school official transcript for the current academic year; all grades for both semesters (2015-2016) must be on the transcript
Athletes must either meet the pool requirement or the disability or open water requirement. Eligible times must be swum between August 16, 2015 — August 15, 2016, with qualifying times in the SWIMS database.
Only ONE qualifying time and only ONE application is necessary!
- Applicants must have swum a time equal to a 2015 Winter Junior National qualifying time in any event and swum during the SAA qualifying period (August 16, 2014 — August 15, 2015) with qualifying times in SWIMS – list of times are posted on the USA Swimming website.
- A qualifying time will be available for selection from the SWIMS database during the application process.
- 2015-2016 SAA Qualifying Time Standards
Disability or Open Water Requirements
DEADLINE: August 15 2016
The only method for application will be the online application on the USA Swimming website. You may apply beginning June 1 through August 16, 2015. NO APPLICATIONS (or supporting documentation) will be accepted after August 16.
Applicants will be required to have a USA Swimming account.
Qualifying times for the applicant will be validated through the Times on the USA Swimming website.
Applicant will be required to have a TRANSCRIPT for the COMPLETE academic year available for uploading to the application
Applicant must have been a member at the time of the swim and a current member when applying for the 2015-16 SAA team.
Applicant must have completed 10th, 11th, or 12th grades during the qualifying period of time.
To apply for the SAA team for 2015-16
Go to the USA Swimming Home Page or any page on the site; or click here to go to the application/login page.
In the upper right corner, click on “Sign In.” If you do not have an account, click on the link to “create account” and follow the instructions. If you have an account, simply type your log in name and your password in the appropriate place.
- Make sure the account you have signed in with is linked to your USA Membership account. (If you are unsure of the link, go to My Account, Membership Information, where you can either link with ‘Click Here’ or Unlink to check the linked membership record and relink.)
Once you are sure you are correctly linked to your swimmer registration, navigate to the SAA Application page and complete the application.
Your complete 2015-16 high school transcript will need to be uploaded for your application to be complete. All grades for both semesters (2015-2016) must be on the transcript.
- Note that school transcripts (in .pdf or .jpeg format) are the only documentation accepted for the Scholastic All America application. Grade cards and report cards will not be accepted. (Only 2015-16 grades will be computed).
- When the tabulator has completed evaluation of the application and materials, the applicant will be notified of acceptance or rejection via email.
Parents: If you are trying to apply for your child, you will have to use his/her log in and password information in order to link to the swim times for your child.