Safe Sport Education for Athletes
The best tool in keeping Wichita Swim Club safe for our swimmers is education. USA Swimming provides an age-appropriate course for swimmers that includes an introduction to Safe Sport.
EARN A FAIR SHARE POINT FOR TAKING THE COURSE!!
Wichita Swim Club believes so much in the importance of educating our parents and swimmers on how we can keep the Club a safe place, each WSC athlete who takes the USA Swimming Safe Sport Education for Athletes gets 0.5 Fair Share points.
Simply follow the instructions below to complete the USA Swimming Safe Sport for Athletes Course. When you complete the course, please send an email to Jae Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org letting her know you've completed it. Once she has verified completion your account will be credited 0.5 points (0.5 points per parent/guardian, limited to the number of athletes swimming for one family).
How to take the Safe Sport for Athletes course.
- Sign in to your USA Swimming member account. (all athletes are members of USA Swimming. If you do not already have an account, create one by clicking here)
- Then go to https://www.usaswimming.org/utility/landing-pages/safe-sport/learn and put your last name, first name and birthdate into the "member portal" section near the middle of the page and click "search".
- Just under the search button down you should see your name and club code (WSC). Click "continue" on the far right.
- On the next screen you will see your name. Click the box that says, "I verify that by checking this box I have permission from my parent to take this course," then click "go to learn."
- Complete the profile information on the next page and click "update". (Our LSC is Missouri Valley Swimming. Your club is WSC.)
- Now, click the "Courses" tab in the upper right
- Scroll down and choose "Safe Sport for Athletes" and then click "add to cart".
- Click "checkout" [YOU WILL NOT BE BILLED ANYTHING]
- Add your billing information on the next screen [AGAIN, YOU WILL NOT BE BILLED ANYTHING], then click "next step"
- You will see a screen that says "Thank You!" Click the blue button that says, "Dashboard"
- On the next screen click "place order"
- You will then be taken to a page that shows the course. Click "start" on the Safe Sport for Swim Parents Square to begin the course.
- You will see a "Congratulations!" certificate when you have completed the course.
**IMPORTANT**TO GET FAIR SHARE CREDIT FOR YOUR COURSE* Go back to the courses page, by clicking on the blue button that says "courses". Take a screen shot or cell phone photo of the screen that shows YOUR NAME and the Safe Sport for Athletes box with the checkmark next to it and email it to email@example.com.