Coach of the Year
The Coach of the Year program is administrated by the Coach Representatives.
OSI Coach Representatives (firstname.lastname@example.org):
Senior Coach Representative: Kris Moellenberg (SYL)
Assistant Coach Representative: tbd
2017 Coach of the Year Nominees:
Age Group: Todd Billhimer (RAYS)
Senior: Ken Heis (RAYS)
Previous Coach of the Year recipients:
||Ken Heis (RAYS)
||Todd Billhimer (RAYS)
||Ken Heis (RAYS)
||Chad Rehkamp (CLPR)
||Chris Wolford (CM)
||Jeremy Wilken (CM)
Procedures for Nominating a Coach for OSI Coach of the Year
Senior / Age Group Coach of the Year
- Performance-based Coach award.
- Coach biographies will only include the accomplishments from the most recent Short Course and Long Course season up through the last National Summer Championship.
- Nominations may come from a coach(s) and/or swimmer(s) only.
- Nominations are submitted electronically below. The OSI Coach Representatives will compile the list of accomplishments from the respective nominated coach(es) who meet the eligibility requirements listed below.
- Nominations are accepted between September 20 and September 24.
- Ballot with candidates will be published by September 25.
- Ballots for voting will be closed September 29. Only one vote per current OSI-member USA Swimming coach will be permitted.
- Names will be announced at the Fall HOD Meeting.
A monetary award of up to $1000 will be awarded to each recipient and is to be used for continuing education or clinics related to coaching. The award is valid until the end of the next swim year. Receipts and invoices must be submitted to email@example.com for reimbursement or payment.
Age Group Award:
- Awarded to the Team (Age Group coaching “staff”)
- Shows a marked improvement of number of JO qualifiers / performance of swims at JO’s / High performance records set / team spirit /(this improvement, performance done with swimmers who have been with the program and not newly transferred)
- Coaching Staff shows professionalism at meets and leadership in Ohio Swimming at the Age Group level
- Team size will be taken into consideration by the selection committee.
Senior Coach Award:
- Awarded to the Head Coach of the team that produces results at the highest level of swimming that most recent SC and LC season through the last Summer National Championship.
- Meets to be considered in the “high level of achievement” Olympic Trials, US Open, JR Nationals, (number of qualifiers at the meets)
- High level Records of Power Points achieved by one swimmers or High Team placement at one of the above meets to be considered (number of swimmers achieving a power point total in 900’s or above, again based on total number of swimmers on the team)
- A large “jump” in high level performances from previous year (must be from swimmers who have been with team for 3 years or more).
- It is determined that that senior coach/and program developed those swimmers within that program.