JOB BOARD LISTING:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, COMPETITIVE SWIMMING – MAKOS Head Coach
The Assistant Director reports to the Associate Director of the Aquatic Center and will have functional and administrative responsibility for the direction of the competitive swimming programs to include Age Group, risk management and rental reservations. Serves to provide program coverage, facility coverage, and supervision of special events as needed.
- Required to perform duties with limited supervision and will be responsible for making significant independent decisions
- Conduct daily facility safety assessment and take appropriate action
- Direct the Coaching staff (2-4 students) during all scheduled practices, swim meets, and extra activities
- Oversee progression, goal setting and monitor development and placement of all swimmers
- Instruct swimmers on proper strokes, turns, starts, and all other aspects of swimming as needed
- Assist Director with the development, recommendation, and management of Age Group budgets
- Direct and compile all public relations for the competitive swimming programs
- Direct and/or compile reports and proposals related to the competitive swimming programs
- Assist with facility coverage and departmental special events
- Direct all aspects of the age group program, including assistant coaching staff (10-15 hours per week)
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring, and training of lifeguard staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Exercise Science or related field or 3 – 5 years of demonstrated experience in a large multi-use aquatic facility supervising programs, events and a large staff.
- Previous age group coaching experience.
- American Red Cross CPR/PR, Lifeguard Training, and First Aid certifications or ability to complete within 3 months of hire.
- American Red Cross CPR/FA/LG instructor certifications, or WSIT, LGIT certifications.
- Computer experience to include Excel, Word, Colorado Timing Systems, and CLASS, Max Solutions or similar scheduling software.
Hours Per Week/Percent Time: 40 hours
Work Hours/Schedule: Varies includes nights and weekends
Duration: On Going
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Required Documents: Cover Letter, List of Three References, Resume
Advertised Pay Range Minimum: $30,000
Advertised Pay Range Maximum: $33,000
Application Types Accepted: Unclassified
Criminal Background Check Required: Yes
Post Offer, Pre-Employment Physical Examination: No
To Apply for this position please visit:
ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH Position – MERCY HEALTHPLEX SEAWOLVES
About the job:
MERCY HEALTHPLEX /MIDTOWN is looking for a Swim Team Coach to add to our first class organization.
As an integral part of the aquatics team, our Swim Team Coaches inspire members through movement, community, and personal attention. They encourage active, social, and healthier lives by:
- Demonstrating sound leadership, professionalism, resilience, and optimism
- Developing and maintaining aquatics areas to promote an enjoyable experience
- Developing, delivering, and measuring aquatics programs
- Managing swim team try-outs, line ups and work-outs
- Promoting and providing private lessons
Our Swim Team Coaches:
- Have competitive swimming background or competitive swim coach experience
- Possess current lifeguard and water safety instructor certifications (American Red Cross preferred)
- Possess ability to provide multisensory instruction: auditory, visual, tactile, kinesthetic
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver information clearly, concisely, and timely
Full-time MERCY HEALTHPLEX /Midtown associates are eligible to receive a competitive compensation package and benefits plan including: group health, dental, life, vision, prescription drug program, flexible spending account, short/long term disability, matching 401k, professional development account, and a complimentary club membership.
Click Here To Apply or send your resume with qualifications to Breanne Laprade, Fitness Director, to BLaprade@mercy.com
HEAD COACH Position – BRIGHTON SWIM CLUB
Brighton Area Schools (B.A.S.) is initiating a district managed community based youth swim program beginning in the fall of 2017 at its newly built 12 lane aquatics center. B.A.S. is currently accepting resumes for the Head Coaching position for this program. The head coach in conjunction with the aquatics director will have the resources and opportunity to build a first class swim program from the entry level up through high school. The districts goals in starting this program are to provide top quality instruction at all levels of its aquatics programming in a structure that provides symmetry between youth levels and school programs in a manner that delivers students with a meaningful and positive experience throughout their tenure in swimming.
ASSISTANT COACH Position – BRIGHTON SWIM CLUB