Ozark Outreach Policy (consolidated - updated 2/9/2018)
Why is outreach important?
Each day families struggle to make ends meet due to the harsh economic time in which we currently live. According to the Bureau of Labor statistics, in September the number of unemployed persons was 9.3 million. Many people do not have the discretionary income that they once had for extracurricular activities due to an unforeseen job loss that has adversely impacted income in a negative way. Outreach membership plays a vital role in bridging the gap. USA Swimming outreach membership offers qualified individuals the opportunity to become a USA Swimming year-round athlete member at a reduced fee
Ozark Outreach Policy
Purpose of Outreach Membership:
Ozark Swimming offers Outreach Membership at a reduced membership fee swimmer who qualifies on the basis of financial need.
Outreach Membership Qualifications for Swimmers:
Income guidelines that are used by various governing bodies are also
used to qualify Ozark LSC Outreach applicants.
A copy of one of the following items currently must be provided in order
to show proof of need:
- Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program Verification Form
- A swimmer does not have to participate in the actual lunch program in order to qualify. They will only need to show the verification form, if qualifying via this method
- Medicaid Card
- Food Stamp Letter
- Current signed Federal Tax Return that shows that the guidelines have been met.
- Other documentation that is consistent with the Income Eligibility Guidelines for the National School Lunch Program.
Application Procedure For Outreach Membership:
- The swimmer applies to a club for Outreach Membership.
- The club reviews documents to determine qualification for Outreach Membership.
- The club submits an Outreach Membership request to the Ozark Registration Chair indicating the type of qualifying documentation it has received. If the club uses guidelines other than a – e listed above, an explanation of the process used needs to be sent to the Registration Chair and updated on an annual basis.
- The Registration Chair approves Outreach Membership or, if needed, requests to review the qualifying documentation. An unattached swimmer who is not affiliated with a club should submit the qualifying documentation to the Ozark Registration Chair.
Ozark Outreach Meet Fees Guidelines
Reduced Meet Fee Guidelines
- The Outreach program swimmer’s family will pay the meet surcharge for all meets entered. All other event entry fees will be covered by the Outreach program.
- Meet fees paid by Outreach program swimmer’s family are non-refundable.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR REDUCED MEET FEES
- The coach or designated team representative notifies the LSC Registration of all Outreach registered swimmers by name.
- The Registration Chair will, in turn, notify the Treasurer of all registered Outreach swimmers.
- Ozark Registration Chair will send a letter to the Point of Contact for each club that registers an Outreach athlete advising the club that it is eligible for reimbursement of meet entry fees paid for the athlete.
- The reimbursement will be paid for (a) the swimmer fee and (b) all individual event entry fees paid by the club for the athlete. For events where the entered athlete did not swim, 50% of the entry fee will be reimbursed.
- When the Outreach athlete is entered in meets, the Point of Contact for each club will notify the Registration Chair and the treasurer of the entry details
- The Treasurer will confirm the entry information from the published meet results. If the athlete did not swim an entered event, the club must provide a copy of the club’s entry information provided by the meet host.
- The reimbursement check will be made payable to the club and forwarded to the address provided on the reimbursement request.
- The athlete and the club have the right to appeal any decision regarding reimbursement to the Executive Board.
Ozark LSC Make a Splash Commitment
Become a Local Partner with the Make A Splash Program. There are 2800 USA Swimming Member Clubs (less than 10%) in 56 LSC's and USA Swimming only has 224 Local Partners in 42 States. Every Club in Ozark should be a Local Partner and right now Ozark has 3 Clubs that are Local Partners. The USA Swimming Foundation has given out $100,000 in grant money to 21 Make A Splash Local Partners. This program provides an opportunity for all USA Swimming Clubs to make a difference in their community by:
- Expanding awareness about the importance of water safety and the need to learn to swim
- Make a USA Swimming Member Club's learn-to-swim program services more visible in the community
- The Club can utilize the Make A Splash name and branding in their community to awareness for not just their learn to swim programs but all of their aquatic programs.
- The Club can participate in an on-going, national marketing and public relations campaign with the USA Swimming Foundation and its corporate and aquatic partners.
- The Club will receive a FREE promotional kit of materials to use in their community: CD/DVD set that includes flyer templates, posters, water safety day ideas, images logo artwork... plus 20 Make A Splash promotional cards with logo pins, 20 laminated Water Watcher cards and wristband's, 100 Make A Splash tattoos and stickers, a Make A Splash Banner to hang in your facility and more...
Please consider becoming a member – it would be great for Ozark to have 100% participation as a Make A Splash Local Partner. It is a one page application and a simple quarterly report. Check out the link to sign up: http://swimfoundation.org and click "Become a Local Partner".