Five Reasons to Become an Official:
- You'll be working with the greatest group of volunteers in all sports.
- You'll be close to the action. The bleachers aren't comfortable anyway.
- High satisfaction; low pay. And your kids love your involvement.
- It's a great way to meet future Olympians - unless you already have one in your home.
- Great food in hospitality, and you can't beat the price! (Free!)
How To Become an Official:
- Shadow a Stroke and Turn Official for 4 sessions at one or more swim meet
- Watch Officials Training Videos
- Become a member of USA Swimming
- Complete form 2017 Non-Athlete Registration Application form and check with head official of where to send
- Complete Background Check: Follow Option 1
- Complete Athlete Protection Training (APT)
- For more information about the program, click HERE
- Click HERE for the Athlete Protection Training Instructions
- Click link in Step 1, then click on link top right hand corner Athlete Protection Training Course
- Attend Clinic hosted by team Head Official
- Review Rulebook
- Take an Official's test online (open book)
- Have fun!
Additional Helpful Information
- LSC policies and procedures
- Officials Shirts-Order Online
- Name Badges
For More Information, email head officials:
Bob Pelzer firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherri Whitney email@example.com