Meet Volunteer Positions
- No previous experience necessary, just have a comfort talking on a microphone, must be junior high or older for most meets; the announcer works with the Meet Referee and Meet Director and is responsible for announcing each race, the swimmers in the water, and results; 1 required for each session
- No previous experience necessary, must be junior high or older for most meets; the head timer starts two stop watches at the start of each race to serve as backup watches in case there is a problem or malfunction in a lane during the race. They also communicate with officials regarding any replacement timer needs or problems; 1 required for each session
- No previous experience necessary, must be an adult; hospitality servers help coordinate the food set up, preparation, and serving in the hospitality room/ area/ hospitality runners assist the hospitality staff with bringing stacks, beverages, and food to coaches and officials, as well as helping to refill dispensers on deck; 4-6 required for each session
- Must take an online test and submit photo to Arizona Swimming for ID, along with $15 fee. You will be credited 2 hours when you email confirmation to Scott Lathrop at email@example.com that you have completed the online training & paid the fee. Click here for link: http://www.azswimming.org/meet-marshals/ , must be an adult; Meet Marshals are required by USA Swimming to run a meet. They assist the officiating staff by observing the deck and surrounding areas to ensure that all safety rules are being enforced. The online training and tests are quick; Minimum of 2-4 (sometimes more) required per session.
(When you complete the online training & pay the registration fee ($15) send your confirmation to Scott Lathrop to be credited 2 service hours)
Officials/ Official Trainees
- No previous experience necessary to shadow/ train! Must complete a series of shadowing sessions, a class, and test. Must be an adult, Each swim meet needs 5-10 officials per course. We are always in need of more people to become officials.
(When you complete trainings & online tests send your confirmations and hours to Scott Lathrop to be credited service hours)
Results Runner/ Poster
- No previous experience necessary, must be junior high or older for most meet; the results runner collects the timing sheets from the lanes after the races and delivers them to the administrative referee. They may also post results throughout the facility or deliver them to the clerk of course; 1-2 required for each session
System 5 Operator
- Must have shadowing experience with an operator, must be an adult; this person runs the timing console during competition.
System 5 Trainee
- No previous experience necessary to shadow/ train! Must be an adult or mature teenager.
- No previous experience necessary, must be junior high or older for most meets; timers operate either a button or a stopwatch during each race and record the stopwatch time on a timing sheet. Training is given prior to the start of the first race of the day, and timers enjoy the best seats in the house! Minimum of 16 per course required each session
Clerk of Course
- Assisting with the administration of the meet, including but not limited to: athlete and coach check-ins, distributing coach information, and other paperwork. Training can be given during a meet. Must be an adult.
We want to thank all of our families for the opportunity to coach your young athletes and for your hard work and dedication in helping these kids to achieve their dreams and goals as student athletes!
To sign up as a volunteer for an upcoming meet log into your account, click "Events" at the top of the page, and find the meet. Click "Job Signup" to see the jobs needed and simply choose the job/shift you'd like to sign up for, and then click the button with the green plus sign that says "Signup""