Provide opportunities for AMS Age Group Swimmers by generating, evaluating and communicating ideas to develop excellence in our sport.
The committee shall be comprised of athletes, coaches, officials and parents. The Committee Chair, with the advice and consent of the committee, shall recommend appointments to the General Chair. The General Chair, with the advice and consent of the Board of Directors, shall appoint committee members.
- To conduct an ongoing evaluation of the AMS Age Group Programs.
- To develop and submit proposals to provide for the long range planning of Age Group swimming.
- To encourage the development of programs that promote participation.
- To oversee recognition for Age Group Swimmers.
- To develop programs to assist athletes in transitioning from Age Group to Senior Swimming.
- To advised and consult with AMS Committees as necessary to achieve committee goals.
- To have charge of the affairs and property of the Standing Committee that develops and conducts the age group swimming program of AMS.
- Direct responsibility (with input from Senior Vice-Chair, Technical Planning Chair and Coaches Representative) of SC and LC Season Meet Schedules and the general conduct and items associated with Meets.
- Direct responsibility for SC and LC meets Bid Meeting.
- Direct responsibility for AMS Zone Teams.
October 14, 2019 October 7, 2019
November 5, 2019 November 4, 2019
December 9, 2019
January 13, 2020
February 10, 2020
March 23, 2020
April 13, 2020
May 11, 2020
June 8, 2020
July 6, 2020
What Time? Meetings start at 7:00 pm.
Where? Unless noted otherwise, meetings will be held at the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh, 5738 Forbes Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15217. Enter via the parking area, ask at the front desk what room the AMS meeting will be held. Parking is available on street or below the JCC.
August 2019 - no meeting scheduled
August 2018 - no meeting
August 2015 (no meeting)
May 2015 (no meeting)
March 2015 (no meeting)
Minutes - Nov 2014*
Minutes - Aug 2014 (no meeting)