http://niagaraswim.org is a general audience website.
COPPA applies to individually identifiable information about a child that is collected on line, such as full name, home address, email address, telephone number or any other information that would allow someone to identify or contact the child. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the enforcing authority.
Information gathered by Niagara Swimming
Niagara Swimming does not gather or store personal information about athletes on its website.
Information acquired during registration for swim meets is the property of USA Swimming and its use is within the control of USA Swimming. USA Swimming strictly limits the use of member’s personal information to that information necessary for the conduct of the business of USA Swimming and its LSCs.
Niagara Swimming adheres to COPPA through the following:
· Limited advertising permitted on our website, subject to Niagara Swimming’s posting policy. Click here to see Niagara Swimming's posting policy.
· There is no collection of personal information on the website that includes athlete’s full name, home address, email address, or telephone number that would allow someone to identify or contact a child.
· Niagara Swimming tracks usage statistics on its website through Google Analytics, we do not track information linked to individuals who visit the web site.
· Access to private information on the website is controlled by limiting the staff and Board members with administrative access to Niagara Swimming’s website.
· Limited pictures of children are allowed on the website and Niagara Swimming’s social media sites (Facebook, Twitter).
o Niagara Swimming obtains a signed release from parent/guardians if children are singled out in any way or a picture is obtained from a non-public event or setting.
o Pictures from Niagara Swimming public events may be published, but at no time is a child identified by other than a first name; team caps are blurred when possible; Niagara Swimming complies with suggested Federal guidelines to limit identifiable markers in photographs so there are no more than 3 markers.
o News items may be shared from other sources with different policies. Requests for removal may be sent to email@example.com.
o Parents may request that any posted photograph or any other information that they feel is too identifiable be removed from the Niagara Swimming website.
o Children’s information is never shared with third parties (other than USA Swimming).
Third-Party Sites and Sponsors
Our site contains limited links to other sites whose information practices may be different from ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices, which may differ from ours.
Cookies and How We Use Them