Spring House of Delegates Meeting
Sunday, June 10, 2018
ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
Onondaga Community College, Syracuse
Driving Directions - Map
Officials Meeting - 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Room P107
- Year in review, Officials Budget, hot topics, and general discussion about swimming and officiating.
Stroke and Turn Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Room P107
- For new and re-certifying Stroke and Turn Judges.
Referee/Starter Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Room P108
- For new and re-certifying Starters and Referees.
Administrative Official Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Room P109
- For new and re-certifying Administrative Officials. It is highly recommended that those certified as Referees attend an Admin Officials Clinic, mainly to become familiar with how time resolution is handled via Meet Manager.
Meet Directors Workshop - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Room P112
- Meet Director's Handbook: PDF
- Meet Director's Workshop Package: PDF
- Meet Director's Workshop Slides: PDF
- Meet Director's Test: PDF
- Registration Exception Reports: "how-to"
Coaches Meeting and Election - 10:30 - 12:00 - Room P114
- Junior Coach Representative election - During the meeting the Junior Coach Representative will be determined by majority vote of coaches in good standing present and voting. A valid coach's membership card with BGC and APT must be presented to receive voting credentials.
Athletes Meeting - 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Room P108
HOD Registration beginning at 12:30 - A valid athlete membership card or non-athlete membership card with BGC and APT must be presented to receive voting credentials.
Spring House of Delegates Meeting at 1:00 PM - Room P112
Contributing to a House of Delegates Discussion
In the hopes of an efficient and productive meeting!
Once the previous speaker has finished and you have been acknowledged by the General Chairman…
Stand up, introduce yourself, and state the name of the swim club you are representing.
Speak clearly and concisely.
Stay on subject and avoid personal attacks.
State your motion or idea affirmatively:
“I feel that we should…,” rather than “I feel that we should not…”.
Be certain that you have a thorough understanding of the topic at hand before speaking, in order to avoid erroneous discussion!
Reading, correction and adoption of previous minutes:
Reports of officers
Administrative Vice-Chairman: Report
Age Group Vice-Chairman: Report
Senior Group Vice-Chairman: Report
Coach Representative Report:
Athlete Representatives Report:
Niagara LSC Records:
A few notes!!!
When we start the 2019 season (9/1) if Niagara chooses to accept Flex member registrations, any registration received where the athlete is over the age of 19 will be held until 9/29. There is pending legislation at the USA Swimming HOD meeting which will establish the flex membership as 18 and under. If the age limit is approved at the House of Delegates meeting on Saturday, September 29, the potential Flex member will need to be notified that they will be required to register as a seasonal or a year-round (premium) athlete member.
I have the 2019 Registration forms from USA Swimming. Please note on the non-athlete registration application, the following was added:
I acknowledge that when I learn of facts that give reason to suspect that a child has suffered an incident of abuse, including sexual abuse, I must report to law enforcement within 24 hours pursuant to The Protecting Young Children from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act.
Its purpose is to encourage people to read the statement, and hopefully they are more likely to do so if they are attesting to it.
- I will be starting the webinars back up in July (for a few months) to get everyone squared away as there are potentially a lot of changes coming for the process of registration.
- Be sure to join the distribution groups so you don't miss things! - https://www.teamunify.com/NewsShow.jsp?returnPage=/News.jsp&id=514056&team=eznslsc
Reports of committees and coordinators
Legislation / By-Laws:
National Times Verification: Report
Proposal to amend 202.2 E
Approval of Meet Calendar:
2018-2019 Winter (Sept - May) Bid Calendar for HOD Approval (updated 6/8 to resolve some conflicts)
2018-2019 Winter (Sept - May) Bid Announcement
Proposal for By-Laws Amendment
Proposal 1 - Amend 605.1 - Removal of Webmaster from BOD (will require 2/3 vote).
Proposal for Policies and Procedures Amendments
Proposal to add condition of sanction - add '...or behind the starting platforms' to the Meet Announcement - 202.4.10.H
Proposal to amend Niagara Meet Fee Schedule effective 9/1/2018
Proposal to remove transfer fee effective 9/1/2018
Proposal to approve the Flex Membership Category for Niagara LSC (add to the fee schedule)
Proposal to amend Web Posting Policies
Proposal to ban Tech Suits for 12 and Under Swimmers
Proposal to ratify Niagara Policies and Procedures
Niagara Logo Usage Policy
Safe Sport Reporting Policy
Whistle Blower Policy
Safe Sport announcement prior to meet sessions
Proposal to ratify Niagara Zone Team Policies and Procedures
Administrative Vice Chair
Age Group Vice Chair
Junior Coaches’ Representative (Held at Coach's Meeting)
Resolutions and orders