Spring House of Delegates Meeting
Sunday, June 10, 2018
ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!
Onondaga Community College, Syracuse
Driving Directions - Map
Officials Meeting - 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Room XXX
- Year in review, Officials Budget, hot topics, and general discussion about swimming and officiating.
Stroke and Turn Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Room XXX
- For new and re-certifying Stroke and Turn Judges.
Referee/Starter Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Room XXX
- For new and re-certifying Starters and Referees.
Administrative Official Clinic - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Room XXX
- For new and re-certifying Administrative Officials. It is highly recommended that those certified as Referees attend an Admin Officials Clinic, mainly to become familiar with how time resolution is handled via Meet Manager.
Meet Directors Workshop - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM - Room XXX
- Meet Director's Handbook: PDF
- Meet Director's Workshop Package: PDF
- Meet Director's Workshop Slides: PDF
- Meet Director's Test: PDF
- Registration Exception Reports: "how-to"
Coaches Meeting and Election - 10:30 - 12:00 - Room XXX
- Junior Coach Representative election - During the meeting the Junior Coach Representative will be determined by majority vote of coaches in good standing present and voting. A valid coach's membership card with BGC and APT must be presented to receive voting credentials.
Athletes Meeting - 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Room XXX
HOD Registration beginning at 12:30 - A valid athlete membership card or non-athlete membership card with BGC and APT must be presented to receive voting credentials.
Spring House of Delegates Meeting at 1:00 PM - Room XXX
Contributing to a House of Delegates Discussion
In the hopes of an efficient and productive meeting!
Once the previous speaker has finished and you have been acknowledged by the General Chairman…
Stand up, introduce yourself, and state the name of the swim club you are representing.
Speak clearly and concisely.
Stay on subject and avoid personal attacks.
State your motion or idea affirmatively:
“I feel that we should…,” rather than “I feel that we should not…”.
Be certain that you have a thorough understanding of the topic at hand before speaking, in order to avoid erroneous discussion!
Reading, correction and adoption of previous minutes:
Reports of officers
- General Chair Report
Age Group Vice-Chairman: Report
Senior Group Vice-Chairman:
Coach Representative Report:
Athlete Representatives Report:
- Safe Sport Assessment News Article
- Safe Sport Inventory Self Assessment Guide
- Safe Sport Team Assessment
- Niagara ROO Summary 2017 YTD
- Concussion Consensus Paper
- Concussion Info Sheet for Parents and Swimmers
- Possible Concussion at the pool check list
- Posted Hypoxic Training protocol
- USA Swimming 2017 YTD Accident Summary Graphs
Treasurer's Report: Report (will also be distributed at the meeting)
Niagara LSC Records:
- Women's SCY Open Records
- Women's SCY Age Group Records
- Women's LCM Age Group Records
- Men's SCY Open Records
- Men's SCY Age Group Records
- Athlete Registrations Graph
- Current Club Statistics
- LSC Membership Trends Report 2018
- LSC Membership Trends Chart
- LSC Membership Retention Chart
Reports of committees and coordinators
- Statistics - Spring 2018
Legislation / By-Laws:
- Diversity Chair Report
National Times Verification: Report
Approval of Meet Calendar:
2018-2019 Winter (Sept - May) Bid Calendar for HOD Approval
2018-2019 Winter (Sept - May) Bid Announcement
Proposal for By-Laws Amendment
Administrative Vice Chair
Age Group Vice Chair
Junior Coaches’ Representative (Held at Coach's Meeting)
Resolutions and orders