Sea Dragons Swim Club - Job Posting
Penfield, NY - Sea Dragons Swim Club is a USA Swimming Club for competitive swimmers age 5 - 19. We are currently seeking part time coaching staff for all swimming levels. Candidates must possess (or be willing to immediately seek) current USA swimming coach certification and pass a background check prior to employment. Age group coaching experience preferred but not required.
The Sea Dragons Swim Club practices at both the Penfield High School and East Rochester High School pools up to 6 days a week and participates in local and regional meets throughout the short course and long course seasons. We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals with the ability to communicate with and motivate swimmers of all ages and abilities. Our new season starts in early September. Interested applicants should send a resume to: Loretta Mueller, SDSC President, at email@example.com or call 585-281-7355.
Leads and coaches young swimmers in swimming. Creates a fun and inviting learning environment to ensure a positive member experience. Builds strong relationships with participants and continually challenges them to the next level.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Greets, acknowledges, engages and interacts with members at all times.
2. Creates an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
3. Initiates, develops and maintains positive relationships with participants.
4. Attends swim meets and represents the Cato Rec Center positively.
1. Takes attendance at each practice.
2. Maintains order and safety in swimming areas.
3. Assists in enforcing club and pool policies at all times.
- Complies with all facility/pool safety rules
- Uses all required safety devices and personal protection equipment
- One-year swim coaching experience(preferred)
- Swim lesson instruction experience (preferred)
Licenses / Certifications:
-CPR/First Aid certified
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
· Ability to swim the competitive strokes of Front Crawl, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Butterfly
· Provide competitive swimmers the opportunity to master technique
· Identify and recruit strong talent to help develop a successful swim program
· Lead daily practices
· Ability to write and lead workouts
· Attend and support swimmers at meets
· Energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to build relationship with members of all ages
· Comfortable working with all age groups, including children
· Ability to handle and resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
· Ability to tolerate loud noises
· Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
· Ability to acknowledge difficult situations and respond accordingly
· Self-starter, reliable, responsible and dedicated
· Ability to make decisions quickly and easily
This is a part time position.
Hourly wage to be discussed.
Contact Kim Bratt with inquires or to apply.
Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation
Graduate Assistant Coach - Men’s & Women’s Swimming
St. Lawrence University is currently seeking applicants for a Graduate Assistant Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming. This 9-month position (August 15, 2017 - May 15, 2018) is targeted toward graduate students seeking a master’s degree. Remuneration includes a very competitive coaching stipend, student health insurance, and eligibility for tuition remission (6 graduate classes per year in the University’s graduate program). Some meals are also included. St Lawrence offers Graduate programs in Counseling and Human Development; Educational Leadership; and General Studies in Education.
Responsibilities include: implementing a seasonal plan with the Head Coach; strength and conditioning; scouting and recruiting; coaching the St. Lawrence University swimmers during meets, and administrative tasks as assigned by the Head Coach.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary. A valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements to drive University vehicles required. Collegiate swimming and/or coaching experience preferred.
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Bob Clemmer, Swimming and Diving Head Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a competitive NCAA Division III liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.
Marlins Swimming, Inc.
This position requires a motivated, enthusiastic coach with experience and knowledge in competitive swimming. Candidates should exhibit the necessary professionalism and maturity to communicate with swimmers of all abilities, their parents, and the club's coaches. Candidate will be contracted by Marlins Swimming and will be responsible for promoting the overall success of the club. Compensation will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Provide leadership for the team and coaches by overseeing and coordinating stroke and training principles throughout all levels
- Oversee and design work out plans for all levels
- Responsible for coach scheduling, supervision, evaluations, and hiring (in conjunction with President)
- Stay up to date on the current trends and techniques by attending coach clinics, on-line training, articles, etc.
- Incorporate new and innovative technologies into training program
- Serve as the primary on-deck coach for senior-level training group
- Develop individual and team goals for each season and maintain momentum and visibility of those goals throughout the entire season. Ensure coaches conduct quarterly goal check-ins with Level 4 and up
- Establish and maintain relationships amongst the Niagara LSC and attend HOD Meetings
- Develop season meet schedule in conjunction with coaching staff for both SCY and LCM
- Post practice schedules, meet schedule, and meet results on team website
- Attend majority of meets and responsible for meet entries
- Coordinate Learn to Swim, Team Prep Camp, and Splash weeks
- Keep Race Certification book up to date
- Work with Registrar to maintain coaches’ certification and USA Swimming memberships
- Communicate with families regarding swim/team events as well as respond to email inquiries from parents
- Participate in bi-monthly meetings with the President, attend board meetings, provide monthly coaches report and work with board to develop annual budget
- Assist the board to develop plans and strategies to grow participation and retention for all levels.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate a positive, professional, cooperative, responsive and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, community members, staff, and board
- Provide an environment of team unity and swimmer support of each other
- Identify swimmers individual strengths and weaknesses and integrate into their training
- Have proficiency with swimming software such as HyTek and TeamUnify
- Have strong organizational and communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- USA Swimming Coach Certification in good standing
- Strong background in competitive swimming
- Previous Head Coach experience
- ASCA level 3 or higher a plus
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Working knowledge of USA Swimming rules and regulations
Email resume to email@example.com
Marlins Swim Club is comprised of swimmers in the Rochester area. We are a year round competitive swim team offering high quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. We are a non-profit club, run by an elected Board of Directors. Visit us at www.teammarlins.com.
Hammerheads Swim Club, Fredonia, NY
Head Coach Wanted
The Hammerheads Swim Club is seeking a Head Coach for our USA Swimming program. Hammerheads offers competitive swimming from the beginner level to our more advanced level swimmers at the Steele Hall Natatorium on the SUNY Fredonia campus..
Our programs runs from September to March, 5 nights a week, from 6-8 PM, as well as weekend swim meets.
This position requires a motivated, positive, experienced coach with knowledge of competitive swimming. Candidates should exhibit the necessary professionalism and communication skills needed to work with swimmers of all abilities, their parents, the club's assistant coaches and board. The position is hourly and compensation will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Competitive swimmer development through design of practice plans and individual coach/swimmer interaction.
- Enhances member experience by maintaining positive relationships with participants.
- Management and supervision of assistant coaches and swimmers at practices and meets.
- USA Swimming coach certification (or willingness to obtain it).
- CPR and First Aid, Red Cross Lifeguarding, and Safety Training for Coaches
- Background in competitive swimming.
- College Degree or working towards one.
- Knowledge of Niagara and USA Swimming rules and Regulations
Email resume or inquiries to Marieanne Fabiano, Board President at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Coach Newark Wahoos Swim Club
Newark Wahoos Swim Club is seeking a Head Coach for our USA Swimming program that offers competitive swimming from the beginner level to our more advanced level swimmers at our facility in the Newark High School. The current program is scheduled from September to June, but would like to grow to also provide a summer program.
The Swim Club runs three days per week for approximately an hour and a half each day along with swim meets on weekends. We are looking for a Head Coach that is mature, professional, structured, organized and is enthusiastic to motivate our swimmers to achieve their goals.
- Implements the Newark Wahoos swim program by supervising coaching staff, developing and maintaining positive relationships with swimmers and parents, developing the season training plan, meet administration, and collaborating with the Swim Club’s Board of Directors
- Responsible for managing daily sets and workouts along with setting up and cleaning up the pool before and after practices
- Maintains a commitment to the operation of a safe aquatic environment, a positive atmosphere with regards to sportsmanship, goal setting, and a positive learning environment
- Keep current on all swimming techniques and training methods to include attending any additional training/certification as needed
- Organize and schedule all meet events and attend all swim meets and team functions throughout the year
- Effective communication skills with swimmers, coaching staff, parents, and Board of Directors
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification or the ability to become certified within two (2) months of hire
- Possession of certification in CPR and First Aid, American Red Cross Lifeguarding, and Safety Training for Coaches required within two (2) months of hire
- Strong background in competitive swimming
- Proficient in Meet Manager, Hy-Tek, and TeamUnify
- Must be able to teach all competitive strokes, rules and regulations to swimmers
Compensation will depend on experience and qualifications.
To Apply: email resume to Michele Wilck at email@example.com
Velocity Aquatics is seeking one fun and energetic assistant swim coach to join its staff and be a part of Buffalo’s fastest growing competitive swim club. We offer a year-round USA Swimming program for swimmers ages 7-22 and are seeking an Assistant Coach to work with the Age Group Program. The team practices out of the Sweet Home high school and Sweet Home middle school.
We currently have swimmers from the beginning level to those that have made the Olympic Trials in 2016. We are a team which is focused on teaching the best stroke mechanics as well as trying to get our swimmers to reach the highest level of swimming they want to achieve.
The position will cover approximately 12-16 hours per week working on deck with the Velocity Aquatics Age Group program. Hours for this position will be weekday evenings as well as weekends. The position will have additional hours required at weekend swim meets.
This position requires a motivated and enthusiastic coach with experience and knowledge in competitive swimming. Candidates should exhibit the necessary professionalism and maturity to communicate with swimmers of all abilities, their parents, and the club's head and assistant coaches. The position is hourly and compensation will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Current USA Swimming credentials or the ability to become certified within six weeks of hire.
- Current Coaches Safety Training, CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Strong background in competitive swimming
- Completion of high school
- Previous coaching or teaching experience is preferred.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Working knowledge of basic Niagara and USA Swimming rules and regulations
- Assist swim practices and attend swim meets in a coordinated effort with the Head Coach.
- Primarily work with our Age Group program.
- Work with all Velocity coaches
- Inspire and challenge each swimmer to achieve his or her goals and develop positive self-esteem.
- Display professional behavior at all times when representing Velocity Aquatics at practices, meets, and other club events.
If interested in the position or for additional information, contact Head Coach Rick Aronberg at 716-777-0119 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Town Wreckers Swim Team (TWST) in Orchard Park is looking for an Assistant Swim Coach for all levels. TWST began in 1969 and has become one of the best teams in the Niagara LSC. The team practices at Orchard Park and West Seneca West High Schools in the evenings Monday thru Thursday. Orchard Park H.S. Friday & Saturday. Summer practices run early morning, Monday-Friday.
Coaching experience is preferred, but consideration will be granted to individuals with competitive swimming backgrounds. The position will have between 10-18 hours of coaching per week working with a variety of groups and development levels. We have the flexibility to work with your personal schedule beginning in April and/or September. This is an opportunity to coach with an experienced staff and have fun!
USA Swimming registration is not required to apply but will need to be obtained along with certifications in CPR, First Aid and a successful background check. Pay is based on Coaching credentials and experience. All inquiries are confidential.
E-mail resume or inquiry to Coach Becky Sapio at email@example.com.