FLEET First Policies and Procedures
It is critical that you fully read and understand the Policies and Procedures outlined below. In addition, it is your sole responsibility to ensure that anyone acting on your behalf in connection with the services offered at Fleet First Swim School is aware of, and complies with, the policies and procedures set forth herein.
When enrolling in our swim program, you are reserving a spot for your student in a regularly scheduled time slot and as such you will be billed and charged for classes even if your child does not attend. It is your responsibility to consider this commitment and cost when scheduling vacations, appointments and activities as well as other personal scheduling conflicts. Please know that we do not prorate nor issue credits due to missed classes. In the event missing a class is unavoidable, please see our make-up class policy below.
- Make-up classes due to swimmer absence
- Make-up classes must be scheduled within 30 days of the class missed
- Make-up classes are $10 unless a doctor’s note is provided
- Make-up classes may not be rescheduled for any reason
- Make-up classes are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed
- You cannot request an instructor for a make-up class
- Private make-up classes are not available
- Make-up classes are not available for Future Stars students
- Make-up classes due to facility closure
- In the event Fleet First cancels your class due to pool closure or other circumstances, you will either receive a free make-up class or have a credit applied to your Fleet First account.
Fleet First Swim School is an indoor, grounded facility with a heated pool and our curriculum is station based making it possible to offer enrollment at any point during the calendar year. We follow Cy-Fair ISD’s instructional calendar for holiday closures. Registration is always subject to class availability.
Tuition and Fees
- Monthly classes: Once your student is registered for monthly classes, you will be billed for the first month’s tuition and annual registration fee. The amount of your first month’s tuition will be determined based on the number of remaining classes in the particular month you are enrolling. Automatic billing takes place at the beginning of every month and may vary based on the number of weeks in each calendar month taking into account possible holiday closures as well. You will be billed monthly until such time as you notify us of your wish to discontinue classes (see Withdrawal Procedures).
- Packages, camps or clinics: With the exception of School Year and New Year Package installment agreements, once your student is registered for classes as a part of any promotional package, camp or clinic, you will be billed the full amount of the tuition for such program and any applicable registration fee.
- Registration fee: Each family is charged an annual registration fee in the amount of $40 which is valid from when you enroll until August and is renewed every September regardless of the length of program. A pro-rated $20 registration fee is charged to families joining in the summer months of June and July.
- Make-up class fee: Make-up classes are charged $10 per class, per student (see Class Schedule)
- Class change fee: Permanent class schedule changes are $30 per student, per change after the first change per session (see Instructor and Class Changes)
Credit/debit cards are the preferred payment method of Fleet First as billing is reoccurring until we receive notice of withdrawal (see Withdrawal Procedures). Payment arrangements must be set up prior to first class attendance upon registration. Monthly class payment is due the first of every month and it is your responsibility to ensure that payment is made and your current payment method is current and valid. In the event your payment method lapses or becomes invalid and we are unable to collect payment from you by the 20th of the current month, your student(s) will be withdrawn from classes at the sole determination of Fleet First Swim School.
We do not offer refunds under any circumstances. A credit will be applied to your Fleet First Swim School account under the appropriate guidelines.
We do not offer class “suspension”, if you withdraw from classes, you will have to re-enroll. To withdraw from classes under any program, you must complete the online withdrawal form for each student. This is the only means by which a student can be withdrawn, verbal or email withdrawal notifications are not valid. In order to avoid being charged for the next month of classes, withdrawal forms must be submitted by the 25th of the current month. Any unused portions of pre-paid promotional programs such as School Year and New Year Packages will be applied as a credit to your Fleet First account, not refunded. Account credits expire after 12 months and cannot be converted into cash nor transferred to anyone outside registered family members.
Instructor and Class Changes
- While we will do our best to accommodate requests for specific instructors, we CANNOT GUARANTEE INSTRUCTORS. Instructor requests are only available for private and semi-private classes and are not available for group classes. Instructor substitutions, schedule modifications, including but not limited to cancellation, rescheduling, and class combining as well as other changes can occur at the sole discretion of Fleet First Swim School and without notice. If a class is not booked to capacity, Fleet First reserves the unilateral right to combine classes.
- If you need to permanently change your current class time, you must submit a Class Change Request form which can be found on the home page our website. Parents are allowed one free, permanent class change per session (school year/summer) due to unavoidable scheduling conflicts. Any subsequent changes will incur a $30 per student change fee. Class time changes are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- Scheduling outside of current operating hours is not available.
- Timeliness: Make sure you arrive in plenty of time to take care of clothing changing or bathroom visits before the start of class. Classes begin and end at specific scheduled times and each lesson is designed to fully utilize a full 30 minutes to successfully teach our curriculum. If your child is more than 15 minutes late to a semi-private or group class, he or she will not be permitted to join the class and will be marked absent.
- Advancement: Children learn at different rates and our curriculum is a station to station progression method based on swimming technique, stroke mechanics, and continued skill improvement that allows your child to progress at their own rate. When children pass the advancement goals for a particular station, they are immediately promoted to the next. Students are evaluated regularly to determine if they are ready to continue to the next level of instruction and will be promoted according to the assessment of our site supervisors.
- Attire: We recommend each student wear a one piece swimsuit, cap and goggles.
- Goggles: All students should wear goggles during every class. Goggles are available for purchase at our front office.
- Swimsuit: Swimsuits should be snug fitting and quick drying.
- Swim diaper: All students who are not fully potty-trained are required to wear appropriate water diapers under their swimsuits.
- Swim caps: Students whose hair is long enough to get in their eyes, face or mouth are strongly encouraged to wear a swim cap during their lesson. Caps are available for purchase at our front office.
- With the exception of Future Stars, parents should not leave their child unattended at Fleet First Swim School
- No parents, other family members or friends are permitted on the pool deck at any time. Please check your swimmer in with the Site Supervisor and proceed directly to the Parent Viewing area or designated area assigned by the Site Supervisor.
- We understand that as a parent, you want to help when seeing your child frightened or upset and crying but a child is more likely to calm down if they understand that they must focus on their instructor. Unless requested by the Site Supervisor, parents should remain in the Parent Viewing area or at a distance when your child is crying and never sit on the pool deck or near the stairs during a lesson.
- Parent Conduct:
- Parents are not permitted to coach or instruct theirs or any other student nor interrupt or interfere with the instruction given during classes. Any concerns may be communicated to the Site Supervisor or by contacting the front office via email at either [email protected] or [email protected].
- Fleet First Swim School will not tolerate criticizing, name calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed towards our instructors, office staff or students under any circumstances.
- Student Conduct: Fleet First Swim School will not tolerate aggressive or disrespectful behavior from our students. This includes but is not limited to physical aggression such as biting, kicking, punching, and hair pulling as well as inappropriate or disrespectful remarks to an instructor, staff or other students. Blatant disregard for our rules of conduct will result in the following consequences
- First offense: Verbal warning to the student and parent notification by the Site Supervisor
- Second offense: Written warning to be signed by parent and placed in student’s family folder and communication from Fleet First Director.
- Third offense: Removal from class regardless of remaining time and a face to face meeting with Director
- Forth offense: Immediate suspension from Fleet First Swim School with no credit nor refund issued
Medical Waiver/Release of Liability
Please read carefully
This is a release of liability and waiver of certain legal rights.
- I agree that the enrolled participant and/or the parent/guardian of the participant agree and understand that swimming is a HAZARDOUS activity.
- I recognize that there are risks inherent in the sport of swimming, including but not limited to, paralyzing injuries and death.
- The participant hereby agrees to participate in Fleet First Swim School and hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Cy-Fair Swim Club (also known as Fleet), its coaches, officers, directors, agents and employees against any liability resulting from any injury that may occur to the participant during their participation in FLEET First Swim School. The participant also agrees to indemnify Cy-Fair Swim Club for any damages incurred arising from claims, demand, action or cause of action by the participant.
- The participant authorizes any representative of Cy-Fair Swim Club to have the participant treated in any medical emergency during their participation in FLEET First Swim School.
- Further, the participant and/or parent/guardian agree to pay all costs associated with medical care and transportation for the participant.
I will notify any medical/health problems of which the staff/instructor should be aware.
Press Release Waiver
Please read carefully
I understand that Fleet First Swim School and CFSC cannot prevent other parents from taking videos and images of their children and that my child’s image may be in the back or foreground, and we cannot prevent them from posting them, and hold harmless both Fleet First Swim School and CFSC. I understand that Fleet First Swim School will not ever use my child’s image in print, video or other form of electronic media in promotional materials without my knowledge and expressed written consent.