TRYOUTS for Jupiter Dragons Swim Team!
We are conducting open tryouts and orientation sessions:
- Monday through Friday, between 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- There will be no tryouts offered July 27 through August 14, 2018 due to Team-summer break.
- Tryouts will resume August 15, 2018
No appointment is necessary, just show up ready to swim! At the evaluation, your child will be asked to pass the minimum skills listed below:
- 25 yards of freestyle with side breathing, no time requirement
- 25 yards of backstroke, no time requirement
Upon passing the evaluation, he/she will be assigned to the appropriate training group and invited to start at the next practice for the group or with the new month.
If your athlete is transferring from another team:
- Send us an email detailing their swimming history (best times, # of practices /per week and length of practices with current team)
- Arrange a time for a 1 on 1 evaluation
If your child is ready to join our swim team, you will receive the registration packet which you can take home fill in and bring back to your coach with payment. There are 3 forms in the registration packet:
- Swimmer Registration Form. You can download the form by clicking HERE.
- USA Swimming registration form. You can download the form by clicking HERE.
- Team shirt and Team Swim Cap form. You can download the form by clicking HERE. You will need to circle the size of T-shirt you would like for your child. The swim Caps are one size.
If you will be paying by check you will need 2 checks.
- One check for the membership fee payable to BOCC which stands for Board of County Commissioners. You will need to write your driver’s license on that check (to BOCC).
- The second check will be for the USA Swimming registration and Team shirt and Team Swim Cap payable to JDPO which stands for Jupiter Dragons Parents Organization.
Pool Address: 861 Toney Penna Dr., Jupiter, FL 33458
View Larger Map
Head Coach: Coach K (Kiril Zahariev)