Adam Paulsson, Swedish National Team - 400IM, 400 Free
Adam, aged 20, is from Boras, Sweden (SK Elfsborg), and spent two weeks training with head Coach Kathleen Prindle to prepare for his 2013 championship meets. According to Adam, the best part was the challenging dryland routine as well as training outdoors in the sunshine! He's been swimming since he was 5 years old, and his main goal is to compete at the upcoming 2016 Rio Olympic Games!
- 2014 - European Championship Team - Berlin
- 2013 - European Championship Team - Denmark
- 2013 - World Youth Championships - Dubai
- 2013 - Swedish National Champion - 1500 Freestyle, 400 IM
- 2012 - Sweden Nationals - Gold Medalist / 1500M Freestyle
- 2011 - Sweden Nationals - Silver Medalist/ 400M Freestyle, Top 3 finisher/ 800M Freestyle
Julie Meynen , Luxembourg National Team- Sprint Freestyle (50/100)
Julie Meynen, aged 17, comes from Luxembourg City, Luxembourg. She spent some time training with Head Coach Kathleen Prindle in preparation for the 12th FINA World SCM Championships in Doha, Qatar from December 3-7, 2014. According to Julie, training with PAQ was very interesting and a lot of fun! Julie enjoyed the team atmosphere, the great outdoor training conditions, and the individual attention, especially the emphasis on stroke efficiency. Dryland is also a crucial component of PAQ's program and according to Julie her dryland experience was unique since the training is specific per event. She appreciated the ropes work as well as the swim-specific equipment used to prepare her for her sprint events.
Julie says, “What I liked most about my experience at PAQ is the positive relationship between the coaching staff and the swimmers. I cannot wait to come back!” Her main goals are to qualify for a semi-final at this FINA World Championships, and earn her spot to compete for Luxemburg in the upcoming 2016 Rio Olympic Games!
- 2014 European Junior Championships (Dordrecht, Netherlands), Bronze Medal, 50 free
- 2014 Youth Olympic Games (Nanjing, China), 4th place 50 Freestyle, 6th place 100 Free
- 2013 World Championships (LUX Team)
- 2013 European Championships (LUX Team) – Semi-Finalist, 50 Freestyle
- 2013 European Junior Championships – Bronze Medal, 50 Freestyle
- 2012 World Championships (LUX Team)
- 2012 European championships – (LUX Team) – Semi-Finalist, 50 Freestyle
- 2012 European Junior Championships - 6th place, 50 Freestyle
- Luxembourgish Nationals - Gold Medal, Freestyle
- Games of the Small States – Gold Medal, Freestyle
Bolivian swimmer Rony Daher El Khoury (@ PAQ for Winter Training Camps, 2014 & 2015)
Rony, aged 15, is from Santa Cruz, Bolivia. He came to PAQ for an intensive 2-week training camp to prepare for Bolivian Nationals. Rony states, "I love PAQ, this team is amazing! There is a lot of support and I loved the positive atmosphere during practice. Kathleen and Rory put a huge emphasis on technique, and it has made a huge difference in in my strokes in the short time I've been here. Training with PAQ has been hard but I cannot wait to get home and RACE!"
- Top 10 finishes and PB times in 100/200/400/800/1500M Freestyle
- 400IM, 200 Butterfly - Bronze Medal
Bolivian swimmer Ithan Velarde (@ PAQ for Individual Training Camp, 2013)
Ithan, aged 13, trained with PAQ to prepare for Bolivian Juvenile Nationals where he finished in the top 10 in ALL his events, and top 3 in his main events. Ithan is currently ranked top 3 in Bolivia in the Breaststroke and Freestyle events
- Cochabamba Championship 2013 - Gold medalist 50/100 freestyle, 50 Breast + Silver medalist 200 freestyle/ 200IM
- Bolivian Elite Open Swim Championships 2013 - Silver medalist 50/100 freestyle, 50/100 Breastroke
"Me gusto mucho los entrenamientos, tambien me gusto que los entrenadores se dan el tiempo de corregir estilos, formas de hacer los ejercicios y los estiramientos. Me gusto igual su humor, siempre estan de buen humor y estan siempre dispuestos a ayudar en cualquier cosa que se necesite. Me gusto el equipo, todos son muy unidos y me ayudaron en todo lo que nesecite." TRANSLATED: "I really like the workouts, I love the fact the there is great emphasis on technique and dryland. The coaches take time to fix/correct my strokes by providing me with innovative drills and different water exercises to be more efficient. I loved the team, their sense of humor and cohesiveness made my experience so much more rewarding. Everyone is always in a good mood and ready to help you in any way needed."
Sally McCarthy , Irish Pentathlon National Team
Sally McCarthy, aged 25, is from County Cork, Ireland. She came to PAQ for an intensive eight-week training camp with head coach Kathleen Prindle to prepare for the 2014 Irish Pentathlon National Championships. Sally has represented Ireland in Track & Field and Waterpolo prior to switching to Pentathlon. She was selected to the Irish National Pentathlon in January 2014.
The main focus during her training with PAQ was to improve the technical aspects of freestyle, work on her turns and dives in order to improve the 200m freestyle which is the Olympic distance required in pentathlon. According to Sally, the best part was the individualized approach to coaching and the positive training environment.
Sally is preparing for the 2015 European Championships and 2015 World championships. Her main goal is the upcoming 2016 Rio Olympic Games!