Dragon parents are required to help/work at each FGSC hosted swim meet. Gold, Black and Purple Groups have a 35 hour requirement. Grey and White groups have a 25 hour requirement. These hours are prorated based on when you join the club and apply to two parent households. Single parent households is reduced by half. Check your TeamUnify Account to see what you are responsible for.
The following is a brief description of the many jobs we need covered at our meets to help you find one that best fits your abilities and interest. Thank you for your continued support of our athletes.
- Meet Director: This is a FGSC Board Position and requires training.
- Electronic Timing: This requires registration with USA Swimming and additional training. Please speak to Walter Monk if you are interested.
- Officials: This requires registration with USA Swimming and additional training. Please speak to Walter Monk if you are interested.
- Safety Marshal: Parents sit in the corners of the pool during warm ups before each session to keep an eye on the kids and alert lifeguards if an incident occurs.
- Head Timer: Parent stands at the start end of the pool with two extra stop watches and starts them at the start of each race in case a lane timer misses the start or has a malfunction. They then give the lane timer their extra watch.
- Hospitality Coordinator: Parent stays in the hospitality room and sets out the already prepared food for the coaches and officials, also replenishes coffee, water, soda. The Coordinator also manages the hospitality assistants and coordinates the food with volunteers.
- Hospitality Assistants: Parents stay in the hospitality room and sets out the already prepared food for the coaches and officials, also replenishes coffee, water, soda.
- Hospitality Runner: Parent walks the deck every 15 minutes with water and snacks for coaches and timers.
- Hospitality Food: Parents sign up to bring prepared food to be served to the coaches and officials.
- Concessions Coordinator: Parent coordinates the shopping
- Concessions Assistants: Parents sign up to work hour long time slots in the concession stand.
- Awards: Parent sorts and places stickers on the back of the ribbons during swim meet.
- Results: Parent will take printed results from the Meet Director and post them on the wall in the hallway.
- Announcing: Parent sits on the lifeguard stand and announces the beginning and upcoming events.
- Clerk of the Course: Parent works with Meet Manager and disperses timing cards to timers and picks them up after each race.
- Deck Runner: Parent walks the deck and picks up Disqualification slips from Officials.
- Bull Pen: Parent lines up the 8 and Under swimmers before their race and walks them to their block.
- Gatekeeper: Parent stands on deck and allows the 9 and over kids behind the blocks only as their event comes up.
- Heat Winner Prize: Parent stands at the finish and hands the winner of each heat a prize (candy etc.)
- Ice Runner: Parent takes ice chests to McDonald’s and fills them up with ice before the a.m. session and p.m. session.
WE NEVER WANT A PARENT TO MISS THEIR CHILD’S EVENT AND WITH ENOUGH VOLUNTEERS AND COOPERATION WE CAN COVER FOR EACH OTHER WHEN NEEDED AND EVERYONE WINS.