Meet Information for all meets is posted Under Events. You must click the "attend/Decline" button to enter meet before Deadline! You choose the days/sessions and events. You will be billed the Friday before the meet. Our mandatory meets are always a flat fee for our team. Your account MUST BE ACTIVE for your swimmer to be in a meet. If your account is on HOLD and your swimmer wants to swim in a meet, you must have your account activated with the monthly dues fee plus the home meet fee of $35. If your swimmer is not USA registered you will also incur the $100 annual USA registration fee.
- We have 3 mandatory home meets/year. If it is a mandatory meet it will be part of the communication about that meet. Even though it is mandatory you still must sign up. There is a flat fee of $35 for our home meets that are mandatory whether your child swims or not.
- At ALL DBS meets each family must provide a volunteer for each session their child is swimming - if you have 2 swimmers, you must provide 2 volunteers. Families are assessed a fee if they do not help out. Swim meets cannot run without volunteers. For your FIRST meet EVER parents do not need to volunteer - we want you to watch what goes on - it is a learning experience for you as much as your swimmers. We can't do swim meets without parents and this will be evident to you at your first meet.
- You can choose your volunteer position when you sign up for meet. If you have small children of if you will not be able to physically help on day of meet we will find an alternate way for your to help.
A note on mandatory meets. ALL swimmers should attend. Yes, even Bronze swimmers. Yes, even if they can only swim freestyle. We have 8 & Under events which are only 25yards . . . and they start at the end of the pool with no starting blocks (so they go off the wall).
These home meets are a perfect way to introduce our swimmers to the world of swimming. They will interact with swimmers from all four pools and the see the older swimmers compete as well! Years ago we implemented mandatory meets so we could get rid of the $100/swimmer fundraising commitment. Parents agree that watching their child swim (even if it is just 1 or 2 events) if better than selling coupon books, discount cards etc. This is why families are billed ($35) whether they swim or not. Our mandatory meets are the Cannonball for Kayne Invitational, Spring Invitational and Lochte Classic.
- Competition in away meets is optional but strongly encouraged. We are a competitive swim team - it is great for our team and individuals when we have 20-30 swimmers at a meet.
- Time lines, psych sheets and hotel information is posted on our website.
- There are fees associated with attending away meets - this is to cover coaches travel expenses. They are $5/day per swimmer and $1/event this is in addition to the fees the host team publishes. Championship meets have an additional $10/swimmer fee.
- We try to sit together at away meets. If you have chairs/tents bring them - meets are usually outside so these items are very important. Also a cooler for healthy snacks and water.