Offering Private One-on-One Swim Lessons
BEGINNING MAY 2021 - SCHEDULE BELOW
--- Longwood Aquatics is an Authorized Licensed Training Provider and follows the curriculum of the America Red Cross® (ARC). The Red Cross is America's oldest, most experienced and most respected service provider for swim lessons. All of our lesson instructors are certified Red Cross Instructors and have years of experience in teaching children of all ages and abilities. We specialize and only offer private one-on-one lessons for all ages. However, in the case where there are 2 siblings near the same age and ability, we will provide parents an option to have both children swim together with the same instructor.
Our Lesson Types:
Preschool 3-5 years old
These American Red Cross classes are designed for children as lessons without their parents. Your child will be oriented to the aquatic environment and will gain basic aquatic locomotion skills. On the first day of class, our trained instructors will assess your child's skills and begin to form a lesson plan focused first on teaching survival skills. At the end of your first day, your child's instructor will inform you of the class objectives so you can assist your child between lessons. Ages: 3-5, Lessons average 20-30 minutes based on level of comfort and ability.
Youth Beginner 5+ years old
These lessons help beginners feel comfortable in the water and learn or review basic water safety skills. Your child will learn to float without support and will begin to learn good swimming habits and aquatic locomotion skills, including freestyle/crawl stroke and elementary backstroke. On the first day of class, our trained instructors will assess your child's initial skills and begin to form the lesson plan for the session. At the end of the first day, your child's instructor will inform you of the class objectives so you can encourage and work with your child between lessons. Ages: 5+, Lessons average 30 minutes depending upon level of concentration and ability.
Youth Stroke Development
These lessons build on the skills learned during the American Red Cross Beginner classes. Your child will progress in the knowledge of water safety and improve their freestyle/crawl stroke and elementary backstroke. They will then progress to backstroke, sidestroke, breaststroke, and butterfly according to American Red Cross curriculum outlines. On the first day of class, our instructors will determine the appropriate lesson plan to incorporate drills and training for proper stroke development. At the end of the first day, your child's instructor will inform you of the class objectives so you can encourage and work with your child between lessons. Ages: 5+, Lessons average 30 minutes.
Spring Sessions (while school is in session)
2 Week Evening Sessions: Mon - Thurs (Fri available for make up day) - Total of 8 30-Minute Private Lessons
Start Times Available: 4:00pm, 4:30pm, 5:00pm, 5:30pm, 6:00pm, 6:30pm
Spring Session 1 - May 17 - May 28
Summer Sessions (while school is out for summer break)
2 Week Morning or Evening Sessions: Mon - Thurs (Fri available for make up day) - Total of 8 30-Minute Private Lessons
Start Times: 10:00am, 10:30am, 11:00am, 11:30am, 12pm, 4:30pm, 5:00pm, 5:30pm, 6:00pm, 6:30pm
Summer Session 1 - June 1 - June 11 (Start on Tues due to Memorial Day)
Summer Session 2 - June 14 - June 25
Summer Session 3 - June 28 - July 9 (No lesson on Mon July 5 Independence Day observance)
Summer Session 4 - July 12 - July 23
Summer Session 5 - July 26 - Aug 6
How It Works
- Contact us by email or phone to reserve a lesson.
- Upon reserving your lesson, you will receive a confirmation email
- In your confirmation email you will receive a payment link to make your payment online by credit card. If you cannot make a payment with a credit card, we will accept checks payable to "Longwood Aquatics" but you must contact us.
- Your confirmation email includes a "Swimmer Profile & Waiver" & "Lessons Guide" to complete and bring w/ you to your first lesson. This email will also include any Covid-19 Safety Protocols and Guidelines.
- Our lessons are in great demand and have been sold out the last 3 summers. If you do not show up the first day of your session, you will forfeit your lessons and payment and will no longer be able to join. Do not reserve if you cannot keep your spot.
- We leave Fridays open in case there needs to be a make up day due to weather. However, if you miss a lesson for whatever reason we cannot guarantee the ability to make up the lesson and you may have to forfeit that lesson.
- If you want to reserve more than one session, we highly recommend to book additional sessions in advance so you don't lose the opportunity to keep your lessons going.
Cost of Private Lessons
$130 per child, per 8-lesson session
Contact Us by email or call 407-869-5600 to schedule and reserve a session.