Ken Cobb - Aquatics Director & Head Coach
Hi, I'm Coach Ken... the founder of Longwood Aquatics, LLC and Head Coach of the LWA year-round USA Swimming® club team. I'm also the Head Coach of the Lyman High School Greyhound Swim Team. Prior to these positions I spent 6 years coaching with Patriot Aquatics from 2010 - 2016, a USA Swimming® Program located at the Lake Brantley High School Aquatic Center where I was also the Assistant Coach of the High School team. I have been a Coach Member of USA Swimming® since 1985 and am a certified coach and member of the American Swim Coaches Association® (ASCA) and National Interscholastic Swimming Coaches Association (NISCA). I was also recently selected to Florida Swimming's All-Star and US Southeastern Zone Coaching Staff for 2016 and 2017, and named Asst Head Coach for 2018.
As an Age Group and Prep stand-out swimmer, I spent my childhood, teenage and college years in the pool either as a swimmer, instructor or coach. My swim instruction background began with several years serving both the American Red Cross® and YMCA organizations in such capacities as Head Swim Instructor and Aquatics Director. During my college years at the University of Kentucky, I served as Head Swim Coach for two different club teams and served 2 years as President of the Central Kentucky Swim Conference. I then went on to help form and serve as Head Age Group Coach to a prominent Lexington, KY based USA Swimming® club team. With over 15 years of experience, I've coached state champions and record holders, junior national qualifiers and finalists, high school All-Americans and college scholarship athletes.
I left the coaching ranks a few years after college to enter the business world. Fast forwarding many years, when my oldest son began swimming in 2010, I was reintroduced to a sport that I love. Shortly thereafter, I began what is now the second chapter of my coaching career. During the day I'm still a business owner, at night and weekends I'm Coach Ken. I live in Longwood, FL with my wife Abbey and 2 sons Bradley and Jackson.
- Certified Coach Member of USA Swimming® Since 1985
- American Swim Coaches Association® [ASCA] Level 3 Certification
- ASCA® Certified Stroke Technician
- National Interscholastic Swimming Coaches Association Member (NISCA)
- Certified Masters Coach with United States Masters Swimming® [USMS]
- Certified CPR, First Aid and Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- Current with USA Swimming Level II Background Check
- Current with USA Swimming Athlete Protection Training
- Certified Aquatics Director (CAD®)
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO®)
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor® (WSI)
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor® (LGI)
- American Red Cross CPR, First Aid and AED Certified
- P.A.D.I. ® Scuba Certified
My Coaching Philosophy: Click Here
Meredith McNiece - Assistant Coach
Hello, I’m Coach Meredith and I’m one of the Age Group coaches for Longwood Aquatics along with being an Assistant Swim Coach for Lyman High School. I have been a swimmer since I was 4 years old when my mother, a former synchronized swimmer, tossed me off the edge of a dock and said “It’s time to sink or swim!” (story may have been embellished for dramatic effect!) After that shock to the system, I began my competitive career swimming for various teams in Missouri and California all the way through high school.
I graduated with a BS in Communications from Missouri State University and then moved to Orlando to work for Walt Disney World as a lifeguard at Typhoon Lagoon. Following that position, I spent the next 10 years in positions ranging from Front Desk Clerk to helping launch the Disney Cruise Line. During that time, I continued to pursue my love of swimming by joining the Orlando Masters Swim Team and stayed there for 4 years.
After spending 2 years in California engaged in a new career in television production, I returned to the Central Florida area. I continue to work in television and print production with the Walt Disney Company and various marketing companies.
I began my coaching career in 2010 by chance while I was swimming a masters workout. I was approached to take over the introduction to swim team program (mostly ages 8 & under) at a local USA Swimming® program and coached there for 6 years. The time spent teaching children to love this sport has been a great pleasure. To see them continue on and become better swimmers and better people is all a coach can ask for in return.
I look forward to sharing my experience and stories with excited swimmers here at Longwood Aquatics.
- USA Swimming® Certified Coach
- Current with USA Swimming® Level II Background Check
- Current with USA Swimming® Athlete Protection Training
- USA Swimming® Foundations of Coaching 101 – 201
- American Swim Coaches Association® (ASCA) Member
- American Red Cross™ Water Safety Instructor
- American Red Cross™ CPR & AED Certified
- AAU Positive Coaching Alliance