TEAM CODE OF CONDUCT: ATHLETES
The purpose of a code of conduct for athletes is to establish a consistent expectation for athletes’ behavior. By signing this code of conduct, I agree to the following statements:
- I will respect and show courtesy to my teammates and coaches at all times.
- I will demonstrate good sportsmanship at all practices and meets.
- I will set a good example of behavior and work ethic for my younger teammates.
- I will be respectful of my teammates’ feelings and personal space. Swimmers who exhibit sexist, racist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate behavior will be faced with consequences.
- I will attend all team meetings and training sessions, unless I am excused by my coach.
- I will show respect for all facilities and other property (including locker rooms) used during practices, competitions, and team activities.
- I will refrain from foul language, violence, behavior deemed dishonest, offensive, or illegal.
- If I disagree with an official’s call, I will talk with my coach and not approach the official directly.
- I will obey all of USA Swimming’s rules and codes of conduct.
I understand that if I violate this code of conduct, I will be subject to disciplinary action determined by my coaches and the swim club’s board of directors.
TEAM CODE OF CONDUCT: PARENTS
The purpose of a code of conduct for parents is to establish consistent expectations for behavior by parents. As a parent/guardian, I understand the important growth and developmental support that my child’s participation fosters. I also understand that it is essential to provide the coaching staff with respect and the authority to coach the team. I agree with the following statements:
- I will set the right example for our children by demonstrating sportsmanship and showing respect and common courtesy at all times to the team members, coaches, competitors, officials, parents, and all facilities.
- I will get involved by volunteering, observing practices, cheering at meets, and talking with my child and their coach about their progress.
- I will refrain from coaching my child from the stands during practices or meets.
- I understand that criticizing, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward coaches, officials, volunteers, and/or any participating swimmer will not be tolerated.
- I will respect the integrity of the officials.
- I will direct my concerns to first to Michelle Pope; then, if not satisfied, to the appropriate supervisor.
I understand the above expectations and that my failure to adhere to them may result in disciplinary action.