SWIMMER CODE of CONDUCT
The undersigned athlete participating with/for the Saint Augustine Swim Team (SAST) agrees to abide by the guidelines outlined below in addition to those established by the staff.
• Swim for the fun of it, not just to please your parents or coach.
• Make every team practice, meet participation and activity an opportunity to learn.
• Swimmers are expected to remember that at practice, during swim meets, team activities and in public they are representing SAST. They should represent SAST with excellence, respect, team spirit, good sportsmanship, and politeness.
• Swimmers are expected at all times to follow the directions of any member of the coaching staff , respect any instructions by officials and any person who is a chaperone. Disrespect or failure to obey instructions will not be tolerated from any athlete.
• Swimmers are expected to show respect, common courtesies and good sportsmanship at all times to the team members, coaches, competitors, officials, parents and for all facilities and other property used during practices, competitions and team activities.
• Swimmers should be punctual and arrive on time for all practices and meets and team events. Pool time is very valuable.
• Swimmers are required to attend all team meetings, practice sessions and swim meets (if registered for meets), unless excused by staff or have made special arrangements with their coach..
• Swimmers must notify the coach in advance if they are planning to leave practice or swim meets early.
• Swimmers are expected to wear SAST team caps and team swim attire at all swim meets. This displays team pride and also makes it easier to identify swimmers on the blocks and in the water.
• Swimmers will come to all team sponsored events in the appropriate attire.
• Swimmers should be an active participant in all team practices, competitions, fundraising events and other team activities.
• Focus on every drill and every set. Be committed to putting forth your best effort everyday. An honest effort does not include cutting laps, pulling on lane lines or missing send offs/sets.
• Disruption of practice by an athlete will be grounds for removal. Continual cheating in a practice will be considered a disruption of practice.
• The coaches are there to help the swimmers. Swimmers are expected to pay attention and follow all of the coach’s instructions completely and exactly. If any clarification is needed, they are to ask questions politely.
• Swimmers are expected to use appropriate language. Use of profane or abusive language or obscene gestures will not be tolerated.
• Dishonestly, theft, and/or vandalism will not be tolerated.
• Indiscreet or destructive behavior will not be tolerated
• Every effort should be made to avoid guilt by association with such activities as those listed above.
• There shall be no drinking of alcohol or use of tobacco products or illegal drugs or any substances banned by USA Swimming
• Swimmers are expected to respect each other. Fighting, intentional touching or striking another athlete will subject the swimmer to the most severe discipline.
Swimmers are expected to follow the spirit of the rules as well as the specific rules. The coach must adapt this philosophy to an infinite number of situations. Swimmers are asked to respect the coach’s directions and give their full cooperation. Cooperation with teammates and staff will produce a productive practice environment and competitive environment for all.
VIOLATION OF THE CODE – SWIMMERS
The coaches have the authority to impose the following penalties for violation of the Elite Rays Swim Club Code of Conduct. The penalties include, but are not limited to, the following:
The swimmer will be given a verbal warning.
The swimmer will be pulled out of practice in addition to a verbal warning and the coach will contact the parent.
The swimmer will need to be accompanied by a parent at practice for four (4) consecutive days.
If the swimmer continues his/her bad behavior, he/she will be suspended for one (1) week. (There will be NO prorated fee for monthly dues.) If the swimmers disciplinary problem continues, the swimmer and parent will meet with the coach to discuss the problem further.
I agree that if I violate any of these rules, I will be subject to disciplinary action determined by the coaches, which may include expulsion from the team.
By placing your name below you agree that you have reviewed the Saint Augustine Cyclones Code of Conduct with the registered athlete and the athlete understands the Saint Augustine Cyclones Code of Conduct and that you the swimmer agree to abide by this Code and accept the penalties for not abiding by these.