CYC Pirates Code of Conduct
In setting these rules for participation on the CYC Swim Team, the Coaches are attempting to enhance the enjoyment and enthusiasm of all swim team members. It is hoped that pride in the team, together with the thoughtfulness and consideration we afford our fellow team members, will make the enforcement of any rules unnecessary.
- Swim pool and club rules applyto all swim team members.
- No BULLYING.
- No running or scuffling around the pools or on the deck.
- No spitting or spouting of water.
- No profanity.
- Swimmers are to be confined to the pool area during swim meets.
- No balls or sharp toys are to be brought to the pool area or swim meets.
- No food or beverages are to be brought to pool area by adults or children.
- No playing in the bathrooms during practiceor at swim meets.
- Courtesy and respect to be shown to all teammates and adults.
- No smokingin pool areas.
Consequences of Repeat Offenses:
1. Documented verbal warning
2. Written warning notifying parents.
3. Probation for set period. Dependent upon offense.
4. Suspension for set period. Dependent upon offense.
5. Removal from team.
The Coach may suspend a swimmer for misconduct at any time, until the Board of Directors review the situation.
PARENTS ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF THEIR CHILDREN IN SUPPORT OF ALL ASPECTS OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT.