The Tampa YMCA Stingrays Swim Team is the Center of Excellence for swimming in Tampa Bay. There are many benefits to getting your child involved in competitive swimming, including:
- Swimming promotes physical development.
- Swimming develops aerobic endurance and is one of the most beneficial forms of cardiovascular exercise.
- Swimming enhances a child’s natural flexibility and promotes muscle development.
- Swimming develops superior coordination.
- Swimming is the most injury-free of all children’s sports.
- Swimming is a sport that will bring children fitness and enjoyment for life.
- Swimming promotes time management and swimmers are among the top academically-achieving athletes.