SKY Family YMCA Athlete Code of Conduct
The purpose of a code of conduct for athletes is to establish a consistent expectation for athletes’ behavior. By joining and participating with the Sky Family YMCA Swim Team, I agree to the following Code of Conduct statements:
• I will respect and show courtesy to my teammates and coaches at all times.
• I will demonstrate good sportsmanship at all practices and meets.
• I will set a good example of behavior and work ethic for my younger teammates.
• I will be respectful of my teammates’ feelings and personal space. Swimmers who exhibit sexist, racist, homophobic, or otherwise inappropriate behavior will be faced with consequences.
• I will attend all team meetings and training sessions, unless I am excused by my coach.
• I will show respect for all facilities and other property (including locker rooms) used during practices, competitions, and team activities.
• I will refrain from foul language, violence, behavior deemed dishonest, offensive, or illegal. Also I will refrain from any use of alcohol, tobacco, vaping or drugs [unless prescribed by my Doctor].
• If I disagree with an official’s call, I will talk with my coach and not approach the official directly.
• I will obey all of USA Swimming’s rules and codes of conduct. I understand that if I violate this code of conduct, I will be subject to disciplinary action determined by my coaches and the YMCA.
Free Athlete Safe Sport Training