SKY Family YMCA Coach Code of Conduct
SKY coaches will:
• At all times, adhere to USA Swimming’s rules and code of conduct.
• Set a good example of respect and sportsmanship for participants and fans to follow.
• Act and dress with professionalism and dignity in a manner suitable to his/her profession.
• Respect officials and their judgment and abide by the rules of the event.
• Treat opposing coaches, participants, and spectators with respect.
• Instruct participants in sportsmanship and demand that they display good sportsmanship.
• Coach in a positive manner and do not use derogatory comments or abusive language.
• Win with humility and lose with dignity.
• Treat every athlete fairly, justly, impartially, intelligently, and with sensitivity.
• Always place the well-being, health, and safety of swimmers above all other considerations, including developing performance.
• Continue to seek and maintain their own professional development in relation to coaching.
• Always maintain a professional separation between coach and athlete. Any complaints of a coach violating this code of conduct will be brought to the attention of the head coach.