SKY Family YMCA Parent Code of Conduct
As a parent/guardian, I understand the important growth and developmental support that my child’s participation fosters. I also understand that it is essential to provide the coaching staff with respect and the authority to coach the team.
SKY parents will:
• Set the right example for our children by demonstrating sportsmanship and showing respect and common courtesy at all times to the team members, coaches, competitors, officials, parents, and all facilities.
• Get involved by volunteering, cheering at meets, and talking with my child and his/her coach about their progress.
• Refrain from coaching my child from the stands during practices or meets.
• Understand that criticizing, name-calling, use of abusive language or gestures directed toward coaches, officials, volunteers, and/or any participating swimmer will not be tolerated.
• Respect the integrity of the officials at meets. I understand the above expectations and that my failure to adhere to them may result in disciplinary action.
Free Parent Safe Sport Training