STINGRAY GROUP PLACEMENT GUIDELINES
Come to the pool during business hours (weeknights 5 pm til 7 pm, Sat 9-6, Sun 12-6) to get swim tested for group placement. If you can't get to the pool for the assessment, simply look at the level descriptions below and make your best guess as to where your child belongs. We can ALWAYS fix it on the first day of the program!
- Can complete at least 25 yards (one width of the Seminole Aquatics home pool), in any style, without touching the bottom of the pool.
- Can dog-paddle, kick, and float on their stomach and their back.
- Are comfortable in the water and require no persuading to enter the pool.
- Are 5+ years old.
- Do not know any formal strokes (free, back, breast, or fly)
- Can easily swim 25 yards (one width of the Seminole Aquatics home pool) doing freestyle/front crawl, AND backstroke.
- Will have "rough" looking strokes, even if they can easily complete the 25-yard distance.
- Have had at least two sessions of organized swimming lessons OR have been on a swim team before.
- Are primarily 6-10 years of age.
- Can swim 25 yards of each of the four competitive strokes (backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, and freestyle)
- Are primarily age 9 and up.
Lake Forest Swimmers:
Lake Forest swimmers will be swim tested on the first day of the program at the Lake Forest Pool. At that time, the swimmers will be divided into groups/times.
During online registration you will be prompted as to which group you want your child(ren) to be in and at what time. Please follow the above guidelines and do not register your child until you know which group is appropriate.