STINGRAY GROUP PLACEMENT GUIDELINES
Starting on April 23, you can come to the pool any Saturday during business hours (9-6 on Saturdays), to get swim tested for group placement. If you can't get to the pool for the assessment, simply look at the level descriptions below and make your best guess as to where your child belongs. We can ALWAYS fix it on the first day of the program!
- Can complete at least 25 yards (one width of the Seminole Aquatics home pool), in any style, without touching the bottom of the pool.
- Can dog-paddle, kick, and float on their stomach and their back.
- Are comfortable in the water and require no persuading to enter the pool.
- Are 5+ years old.
- Do not know any formal strokes (free, back, breast, or fly)
- Can easily swim 25 yards (one width of the Seminole Aquatics home pool) doing freestyle/front crawl, AND backstroke.
- Will have "rough" looking strokes, even if they can easily complete the 25-yard distance.
- Are primarily 6-10 years of age, although age doesn't really matter.
- Again, the completing of the distance, on stomach and back, is not an issue at all. These are strong, confident swimmers that simply lack technique. If they struggle at all with completing the 25 yard distances, they should be in Beginners. We can always move children later, if they "outgrow" their training group.
- Can swim 25 yards of at least three of the four competitive strokes (backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, and freestyle)
- Are primarily age 9 and up.
- Can do flip turns.
- Can dive.
During online registration you will be prompted as to which group you want your child(ren) to be in and at what time. Please follow the above guidelines and do not register your child until you know which group is appropriate.