Committees & Volunteer Job Descriptions
GEORGIA COASTAL AQUATIC TEAM
APPAREL COMMITTEE – primarily responsible for the proposal of designs using GCAT logo, including the ordering and distribution of apparel and personalized swim caps.
- 2018-2019 Committee members: Trisha Dibkey, Anthony Racinelli, Tura Sandt
VOLUNTEER COMMITTEE – the volunteer coordinator takes care of staffing all meet work positions by managing the signup lists for timers, runners, hospitality helpers, heat sheet sales and awards. This committee will have access to the team website and will document (in OnDeck app) hours worked by families. Requests and reminders should be sent out with ample time for parent volunteers to plan according. This position is also responsible for thanking volunteers on behalf of the team for their time.
- 2018-2019 Committee members: Junior Weber
FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE – this group will coordinate all fundraising drives and events intended to raise money to fund administrative supplies, equipment, facility fees and travel expenses which in turn keeps member fees lower. This could include but is not limited to organizing a swim-a-thon, car wash, auction, kids swim camp, rubber duckie race, business donation for heat sheets etc.
- 2018-2019 Committee members: Amy Czarnecki, Blakely White
MARKETING COMMITTEE – this group is primarily responsible for developing and implementing marketing of the team to attract new swimmers to the sport. Duties include developing promotional materials for area schools and marketing to summer swim programs (to non-year round swimmers). Coordinating volunteers at charity and promotional events such as the SCSL Rising Star and City Meet.
- 2018-2019 Committee members: Trisha Dibkey, Tony Royek, Patti Van Brunt
REGISTRATION COMMITTEE – this committee is responsible for corresponding with and directing interested parents to the 2 week Free Trial and ultimately assisting them in the execution of registering their child for the team. Duties also include tracking and updating member status including annual returning member registration. Quick e-mail responses are imperative for this position.
- 2018-2019 Committee members: Trisha Dibkey (Savannah), Tura Sandt (RH)
RECORD BOARD COMMITTEE – this group is responsible for following up in a timely manner on results of meets to determine if team records were broken. This includes ordering needed letters & numbers and physically changing the records on the board on a regular basis. This position requires being on a lift to make those changes. Those afraid of heights need not apply.
- 2018-2019 Committee members: Tony Royek, Isabel Rosario
USA SWIMMING OFFICIAL RECRUITERS – these are the GCAT volunteers who are not only officials at all GCAT home meets, but also official at away meets. This group is responsible for recruiting other GCAT parents to become officials. They will help identify good official candidates and answer interested individual’s questions and guide them along the process of becoming a USA Swimming certified official.
- 2018-2019 Committee members: Eric Wayner, Steve Seymour, Tony Royek, Chris Dibkey, Deanne Bland, George Patselas, Tim Czarnecki, Cesilia Olivas, Patti Van Brunt
AWARDS COMMITTEE – is responsible for determining award requirements for all GCAT home meets and submitting orders prior for an adequate number of awards, plaques, trophies and ribbons. This group also prepares and sorts ribbons for all swimmers at GCAT hosted meets. They are responsible for delivering or picking up earned ribbons at the end of each meet. Design and ordering of end of season awards and graduating seniors’ note baskets will all be under the charge of this committee. Patti reserves the right to continue to create and order the pins for the end of season banquet.
- 2018-2019 Committee members: Laura Oake, Tamika Thompson
HOSPITALITY COMMITTEE – is responsible for feeding the officials, coaches and volunteers at GCAT hosted meets. This involves creating a food and drink donation signup list for parents and ordering additional food from local vendors (through donations if possible). They are also responsible for setting up hospitality tables and distributing snacks and drinks to the volunteers throughout the meet.
- 2018-2019 Committee members: Stacey Pastorek, Skye Cossio
TEAM TRAVEL COMMITTEE – is responsible for organizing the multiple facets that are involved in team travel which includes: arranging hotel and transportation, meal planning, collecting money, recruiting chaperones and ensuring all liability forms, medical forms and background checks are completed and in hand prior to the event date.
- 2018-2019 Committee members: Tara Baraniak, Kendall Wayner, Patti Van Brunt
SAFE SPORT COORDINATOR / REPRESENTATIVE – is responsible for making sure that GCAT is up to date and following all Safe Sport policies as determined by USA Swimming. Responsibilities include educating all GCAT swimmers, parents and coaches and obtain documentation that these policies have been reviewed by all. This position will need to understand the Safe Sport policies and answer questions pertaining to Safe Sport. This position will also keep the Safe Sport website information up to date with the current programs and policies.
- 2018-2019 Safe Sport Rep: Kendall Wayner
SOCIAL MEDIA COMMITTEE – regular updating of our social media pages with pictures, meet results, school or extracurricular accomplishments, interviews with swimmers, etc. Monitor and assist in removal of inappropriate comments or photos on GCAT facebook page.
- 2018-2019 Committee members:
- Savannah younger swimmers: Trish Dibkey, Joe Thompson, Posey Helton.
- Savannah senior swimmers: Tony Royek, Kendall Wayner, Patti Van Brunt.
- Richmond Hill: Tura Sandt, Kate Metts
PHOTOGRAPHER – is responsible for taking pictures at all GCAT related events. Pictures should be forwarded to the social media committee to post throughout the season. All responsible for putting together the end of the season slide show, including requesting graduating senior photos from parents.
- 2018-2019 Photographer: Tim Eason
SPECIAL EVENTS COMMITTEE – is responsible for organizing social activities for GCAT families that occur away from the pool and help build a stronger team environment. In past years this has included various celebrations, Beach Olympics, group outings to the movies and even a Polar Plunge.
- 2018-2019 Committee Members: Kate Dunne, Trisha Dibkey, Tara Baraniak, Katie Gray, Emily Bezner
ADMINISTRATIVE & COMMUNICATION POSITIONS -
- Registration: Trish Dibkey, Tura Sandt
- News updates: Trish Dibkey, Patti Van Brunt
- Meet Information: Patti Van Brunt
- Uniform orders: Trish Dibkey
- Billing for meets and monthly dues: Patti Van Brunt, Tura Sandt
- Richmond Hill Admin: Tura Sandt
GCAT MEET COORDINATORS – Administrative duties include: inviting teams, knowledge of meet manager, must be present at all GCAT hosted meets and be a USA Swimming Certified Administrative Official. Director duties include: Ensuring the pool is reserved, equipment is available, arranging outside food and t-shirt vendors, and pool setup.
- 2018-2019 Admin Official: Patti Van Brunt
- 2018-2019 Meet Director: Kendall Wayner